Culver City Fire AO Program

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows anything about their program. Thinking of applying there and would appreciate input!

BobBarker

Forum Lieutenant
One of my old high school buddies is an AO for CCFD. Good position and department, it's for a BLS ambulance that works 7AM-7PM only and usually its 1-2 12hr shifts per week. You will respond with the medic engine and medic ambulance to most calls, and end up getting cancelled or cleared on scene on a lot of them. It's a true BLS ambulance. Last I heard the pay was going up a little($13-$14 per hour) and they will guarantee 1 AO every year they will send to medic school at their expense. I don't believe it qualifies for benefits/401k, but Im not sure at the moment, will have to ask about that.

OP
OP
N

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
One of my old high school buddies is an AO for CCFD. Good position and department, it's for a BLS ambulance that works 7AM-7PM only and usually its 1-2 12hr shifts per week. You will respond with the medic engine and medic ambulance to most calls, and end up getting cancelled or cleared on scene on a lot of them. It's a true BLS ambulance. Last I heard the pay was going up a little($13-$14 per hour) and they will guarantee 1 AO every year they will send to medic school at their expense. I don't believe it qualifies for benefits/401k, but Im not sure at the moment, will have to ask about that.
Thanks for the info! Since you're in station with the firefighters do you get to drill with them or do something else on down time?

BobBarker

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks for the info! Since you're in station with the firefighters do you get to drill with them or do something else on down time?
The few times I did talk to my buddy, he did say they do some training with the AO's. However, it's not full FireFighter training like the main guys get. It's probably more of the lines of extricating during accidents and ongoing medical training that any EMT would get at a department.

OP
OP
N

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
The few times I did talk to my buddy, he did say they do some training with the AO's. However, it's not full FireFighter training like the main guys get. It's probably more of the lines of extricating during accidents and ongoing medical training that any EMT would get at a department.
That's still good training. More than any other private ambulance company would give you. Thank you so much for the info Billy! I think I'm definitely going to apply there.