crunch

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I saw that mentioned in the news the other day, or at least a very similar incident. I think there were two kids involved in the one I heard.

Yep, two teen boys. The news article didn't mention that the mother in the article who 'stayed home and prayed' was no where around when we were out looking and at 1am hadn't even noticed that her son was missing. The other family was out with us all night driving up and down logging road spurs. But funny thing..... they weren't in the papers... hmmmmmm

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
Thats a very good question fm,why does a teenager need such a nice car to go to school in? The only answer I can come up with is that they wanna show themselves off and get other students thinking that they are someone special and popular and to make them look cool to everyone else. There is no reason for them to be driving fancy cars to school,all they really do need is something small and non-fancy. When I was going to school I drove a plymouth horizon.

Silverado94

Forum Probie
Don't get to unfair now some of us teenagers do know how to drive. When i first got my license i drove an old station wagon but after working my A$$ off all summer i was able to get my 1994 Chevy Silverado by the time i was seventeen i had 6 inches of lift 38 inch tires and about 400 horsepower and look i'm still here hadn't kill anyone yet heck the only time i lost control is when somone rear ended me last winter on ice near a intersection and i slid into the ditch. Also i have a 69 cougar that I built for Street/drag racing the motor i just built 7 months ago is capable of 655 Horsepower again blood didn't run over the streets when i started driving it. And i'm 19. Sorry to rant but I put alot of time and money to have these vehicles as they are my hobby and my life. I didn't do it to show off at school i don't do it to race down main street i did it because i love working on cars. Now some teens shouldn't get fast cars but don't put all of us into the mommy & daddy paid for my benz catagory.

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
To give an update on the accident that involved those teens,a 5th one died the other day so now the driver is looking at 5 counts of negligent homicide. She wont be seeing the outside for a long time!~

Glorified

Forum Lieutenant
Good thing the patient wasn't harmed. That could be another lawsuit.