CPR Share-time

MICU

Forum Crew Member
Around 18:30 today (18 Nov.) the BLS team and yours trully got a call about a man that fell in the street and now he's bleeding. When we got there he lay face twards the pavement unresponsive, apnea with no pulse. I call for the MICU whale the two other EMTs start CPR 30:2. After I call for 'backup' I took the AED and conact the electrode to the guy 'shock not recomended' so kept going. When the MICU came I took comand about the drugs whale the paramedic intubate, starting to make Adrenaline and Atropine (PEA pro.) after 30 min. we restore pulse and even BP (130/80) in the ER he start breathing agian.

Only thing that buged me is that I cut my self from the adrenaline amp<_<

GJ team

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Congrat's on the good job .. Well done!

R/r 911

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
That doesn't happen every day, congrats!

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
good job:beerchug:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Right on!! It is great to have a "Code Save"!! :) :beerchug: :)

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Whoooo Hooooo! That same day I was teaching a CPR class and quoting the statistics of how few saves there really are! Congrats!

Mark

Forum Probie
Good job! Please stay safe out there as well! I was born and raised in Tel Aviv...and lived in Tikva until I was 6 before coming to America.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Great Job. It always feels good to get pulses back... My last two codes, though, have had ROSC in the field, only to die in the ED or on the floor.... kinda sucks.

Anyway... I hope the hand is Ok... I've seen broken amps a few times (and twice seen a medic break a D50 when he went to give it)... but never seen someone cut by one. Only a matter of time, I guess.

OP
OP
MICU

MICU

Forum Crew Member
Great Job. It always feels good to get pulses back... My last two codes, though, have had ROSC in the field, only to die in the ED or on the floor.... kinda sucks.

Anyway... I hope the hand is Ok... I've seen broken amps a few times (and twice seen a medic break a D50 when he went to give it)... but never seen someone cut by one. Only a matter of time, I guess.

I guess, after the CPR, the paramedic and another EMT sat with me and we open all the amps that expierd....LOL