could it be true

ollie

Forum Crew Member
Reaction score
one of our instructors told us that theres only about 2000 registered emt-B is LA County for about 2million people n the funny thing is that noone is hiring in LA county BOOO but could this be true ( numbers are off but he couldent say the correct number it was a AWR class) :)

it was based on emt-b only paramedic would also be included but he just only was talking about emts, fds r part of ems (because of paramedic firefighters)but isnt that fire ?? correct me if im wrong (please) :)

According to the LA county EMS website, EMT-Bs are just one part of a large EMS system.

Los Angeles County has one of the largest EMS systems in the nation and, as one of the first to be developed, is known nationally and worldwide as a leader in the field of prehospital care. The system utilizes over 18,000 certified EMS personnel employed by fire departments, law enforcement, ambulance companies, hospitals and private organizations to provide lifesaving care to those in need 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

n the funny thing is that noone is hiring in LA county

I'm willing to bet that there are companies hiring. They're just not the companies that you generally want to apply to.

I'm willing to bet that there are companies hiring. They're just not the companies that you generally want to apply to.

$42.50 plus 50 cents a mile.

Your instructor is blowing smoke. There are thousands of ricky rescues who have the cert just to say they are EMTs and have a sticker on the back of their car in the greater LA area. There are thousands more who are working for private companies and the FDs. Schools turn out probably close to 400 EMTs every 4 months in LA county.

There are thousands of ricky rescues who have the cert just to say they are EMTs and have a sticker on the back of their car in the greater LA area.

There are over 70,000 EMT-Bs that have a current certification in California. I bet no more than a little over half are working on an ambulance.

"Your instructor is blowing smoke." lol he does search and rescue for Pasadena FD he's cool, ex marine n drills us like a DI kinda fun yet Scary lol

"Your instructor is blowing smoke." lol he does search and rescue for Pasadena FD he's cool, ex marine n drills us like a DI kinda fun yet Scary lol

And...so? Does any of that mean he can not be wrong or misinformed?

There are no ex marines...

He is a former marine... Just FYI... Semper Fi

Back