Cost of Books!

EMT-B2B

Forum Crew Member
So! I just bought the books and equipment needed for the EMT-B school that I will be starting on the 23rd.

2 Books= $115.00
2 Smocks= $19.95 ea
1 EMT Pocket Guide= $9.99
1 CD ROM= $11.95
Scissors= $6.49

Total: $183.33

---------------------
Feeling like I just got to know the local JC in the most intimate of ways?

Priceless!

MedicMeJJB

Forum Crew Member
Try the price of Medic school. $700 just on books...

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't forget about all of the gas money to goto clinicals, and the equipment you have to have. Medic School is going to bankrupt me. HAHA

Epi-do

I see dead people
I must have been lucky, because for both my basic class the cost of books was included and for medic class my department paid for everything. At least you only needed to buy two books. Anyone in medic class will tell you that is quite a bargain! I had something like 6 or 7 books in medic class, and there are programs out there that use even more than that sometimes.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
So! I just bought the books and equipment needed for the EMT-B school that I will be starting on the 23rd.

2 Books= $115.00
2 Smocks= $19.95 ea
1 EMT Pocket Guide= $9.99
1 CD ROM= $11.95
Scissors= $6.49

Total: $183.33

---------------------
Feeling like I just got to know the local JC in the most intimate of ways?

Priceless!

And no stethoscope or BP cuff yet.

OP
OP
EMT-B2B

EMT-B2B

Forum Crew Member
No stetho or cuff yet. Maybe that will come later. Price actually isn't that bad. Just wasnt prepared for it. It is only two books but their fat books. Books that I will probaly use for the rest of my career. So I think it's worth it.

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
I just bought my books the other day totaling at about 300 bucks. That is just for my books, I still need to get my uniform, stethacope, bp cuff, and then pay for my background check and national registry test.

MedicMeJJB

Forum Crew Member
Medic School
Application: $35.00
Test: $50.00
Tuition: $4,000.00
Books: $700.00 (like 12 books)
Uniforms: $200.00 (Scrubs, lab jacket, coat, polo, sweatshirt <- All embroidered)
Then you got gas for travel, new "better" equip., and well whatever else.
:blink:

jochi1543

Forum Captain
medic class 4,000 try 9,000 where im from!
lucky you

HA! Try $20,000 at one of the schools here.:angry: I paid over 6 grand for my EMT (which is like EMT-I in some of your states)

To be fair tho, our medics make way more money, too. You can expect to start at $30/hr, or $500-600 a day in the oilfields.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Medic School
Application: $35.00
Test: $50.00
Tuition: $4,000.00
Books: $700.00 (like 12 books)
Uniforms: $200.00 (Scrubs, lab jacket, coat, polo, sweatshirt <- All embroidered)
Then you got gas for travel, new "better" equip., and well whatever else.
:blink:

Well you gotta spend money to make money.

my book cost was included with my EMT class.
Still the books aren't that expensive, last semester I spent $650 on my books alone.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I spent 1,000 for my
  • books (by the lovely AAOS)
  • class kit (two gowns, nasal canula, non-rebreather, glasses, pen light, and CPR mask)
  • BP cuff and stethoscope
  • CPR for the Health Care Provider
  • The class itself

Who knows what gas will end up costing me. Either way I am really enjoying the class so far! 16 of 160 hours done.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Medic school where I'm going right now (EMSTA) is 11k. EMT is 875.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Basic for me was:

425 that included book (singular), a cheap scope, and a pocket mask.

Medic class so far has been 3000 which includes:

Tuition
3x Books (Primary book+workbook, A&P book+workbook, EKG Book)
Edit: forgot all my other books, PALS, ACLS, PEPP etc are included.
Learning aids (Pocket guides, study cards, etc)

The only other thing I had to buy were uniforms which I bought 3 shirts totaling about 60$ and 2 new pairs of pants and underarmor. Got the aspen pants (thanks for the recommend in another thread rid, they are amazing) and some nice warm underarmor considering we are doing some BLS ride time for class in the middle of winter.

Last edited by a moderator: