Comprehensive Health Services

MunchkinMedic

Forum Crew Member
I have done some searching on here, but haven't been able to find much, so I was wondering if anyone had more information available for me.

I was given a contingent job offer as a contract medic in Iraq. I'm looking for information regarding the legitimacy of the company, working conditions, employee morale, etc. I don't know much about them, and am trying to figure out what I am getting myself into. I'm a 27 year old female, been a medic for not quite a year, work in a first in 911 area in California, no kids, no significant other, no real commitments.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I have done some searching on here, but haven't been able to find much, so I was wondering if anyone had more information available for me.

I was given a contingent job offer as a contract medic in Iraq. I'm looking for information regarding the legitimacy of the company, working conditions, employee morale, etc. I don't know much about them, and am trying to figure out what I am getting myself into. I'm a 27 year old female, been a medic for not quite a year, work in a first in 911 area in California, no kids, no significant other, no real commitments.

I just finished up a 12 month contract with them. It was decent. The working conditions are good. EMS call volume is very low and you'll be in the ER most of the time. 6 x 12 hour days. Food is decent (usually KBR chow hall), housing is ok (called a CHU - imagine a small box, but at least you'll have a small bathroom to use - shared with the room on the other side)

Company is legit. I had zero issues and when stuff happened to other employees (family situations) they stepped up to the plate to help out. There's another thread on here talking nothing but trash by some 1 post disgruntled ex-employee from a Kuwait contract, but nothing he/she said is valid at all.
They're on a 90 day on, 30 day off contract, they cover airfare up to a certain amount (can't remember the amount offhand) and you do get paid while you're on R&R. Medical insurance is decent too. I had nothing but good experiences and would go back in a heartbeat. I finished up my 12 months and returned to the US to finish up paramedic school and do a bunch of traveling.

PM me if you want. I still know folks there.

vwguysc

Forum Ride Along
Hey fm. I'm a paramedic and was offered a position with chs in iraq. Just wondering if the reward outweighs the risk? Also how was the security? Just don't wanna agree to dodge bullets and mortars everyday. Thanks in advance