Colorado Springs Firestorm 2012

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Are you involved? What are you doing? We're hoping all is well for you.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
My cousin is leading a crew that is one of many protecting the city's water tower. Several friends have evacuated their homes. They are reasonably sure they haven't burned yet.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Good to hear.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I'm not living there currently but I do spend 8 months a year there. 32,000 have been evacuated, including the sweet town of Manitou Springs (11,000) where many of my faculty lives. I've been in touch with a few members of CSFD that I know from my job, sounds like an all hands on deck operation.

Iowaemtb

Forum Probie
I have a friend who lives near Divide, which is just west of Woodland Park. She gives me daily updates.

I have said prayers for the safety of our brothers and sisters in the Fire and Ems companies responding to these terrible fires. I hope there is a break soon so they can get ahead of the fires and actually begin to contain them.

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
I got a buddy who lives in Woodland Park and works for AMR, he's also a volly firefighter around there...he says its been busy and he had to evacuate a nursing home using every vehicle they had, including a "simulation" ambulance. Hope they get some good rain soon!