Coffee Ground Emesis

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
An ED intern was teaching my SAR team about GI emergencies. He complained to the class that he was unable to track down a picture of coffee ground emesis.

So several members of the team, including myself, took it upon themselves to locate said picture. So far, despite scouring the internet, EMS texts, nursing texts, and all sorts of fun medical texts, no one has been able to locate a picture of coffee ground puke.

Now it's become a weird competition that I want to win. So if anyone can provide a picture of coffee ground emesis, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ops Paramedic

Forum Captain
I consulted some texts as well and could not find anything for you. I will check some more tonight on shift. Have you tried a nursing dictionary, or even one of those critcal care texts??

OP
OP
LucidResq

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Nah I haven't checked either of those. I think I'll check out the library at my EMT class on Sat. It's kinda nuts, huh? You would think that it would be easy to find such a picture, considering how many pictures of other bodily fluids people post on the internet nowadays.

Ops Paramedic

Forum Captain
Hi!!

I don't know how to post the web address, but you should be able to find a picture of cadavers presenting coffee ground emesis on the internet. Go to the google page and select images, then search coffee ground emesis as we did. You should get a pic, otherwise remove safe search and try again. Apply to the post if you don't get it??

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
UGH!!! I just realized...I am sitting here eating my burritto and refried beans.....searching for pictures of bloody vomit!

mMMMMM....MMMMMM......good food!

OP
OP
LucidResq

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi!!

I don't know how to post the web address, but you should be able to find a picture of cadavers presenting coffee ground emesis on the internet. Go to the google page and select images, then search coffee ground emesis as we did. You should get a pic, otherwise remove safe search and try again. Apply to the post if you don't get it??

That was one of the first things I tried. I was shocked when nothing came up.

AlaskaEMT

Forum Crew Member
Lucid, I'm a master Googler and couldn't find a picture. Do us a favor... get an ulcer, vomit, *click*, upload. Who knows, it may be used in EMT books for years to come!

Last edited by a moderator:

rescuepoppy

Forum Lieutenant
UGH!!! I just realized...I am sitting here eating my burritto and refried beans.....searching for pictures of bloody vomit!

mMMMMM....MMMMMM......good food!

And how long have you been in this business Princess?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Lucid, I'm a master Googler and couldn't find a picture. Do us a favor... get an ulcer, vomit, *click*, upload. Who knows, it may be used in EMT books for years to come!

Hmm you wouldn't need to actually get an ulcer first, you could just drink some blood and then vomit. It would speed up the process. Perhaps you could find a vampire with stomach flu?