Clinicals

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
For my PCP I had about 70 calls and the big list of specific compentcies.

OP
OP
EMT-B2B

EMT-B2B

Forum Crew Member
Ok....Finally got the clinicals figured out here. Doing 12 hours with amb....12 hours ED.....shouldnt be to bad...being that we do have trauma, burn, stroke, cardiac centers all within 30 or 40 miles. We get to pick. Start clinicals at the end of Feb.....and we can do as many hours as we want....12 being min.....:beerchug:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
You damn well better do more then just 24. I recommend 100. Sucks ***, but nowhere near what medics do, sooo....

medic417

The Truth Provider
Ok....Finally got the clinicals figured out here. Doing 12 hours with amb....12 hours ED.....shouldnt be to bad...being that we do have trauma, burn, stroke, cardiac centers all within 30 or 40 miles. We get to pick. Start clinicals at the end of Feb.....and we can do as many hours as we want....12 being min.....:beerchug:

UMMM how can you get experience? How can you develope any confidence? How can a school get away with only requiring 12 hours? No wonder EMS continues going down hill. My first responder course many years ago required a whole lot more than that. Do a lot more than the school requires. It will benefit you and your future patients.

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Before you start accusing a school or program of criminal acts, you better have proof. As such, the post has been edited.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Before you start accusing a school or program of criminal acts, you better have proof. As such, the post has been edited.

OK should have used a different term. But its robbing their students of an extremely important part of the education process by only requireing 12 hours. Is that better?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
OK should have used a different term. But its robbing their students of an extremely important part of the education process by only requireing 12 hours. Is that better?

Yep. And I agree with you on this point.

medic417

The Truth Provider

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
We had to do 10 ER and 10 ambulance. I ended up staying 12 hours in the ER because the place was so slammed that I didn't even notice I had been there 2 extra hours. I did mine in Georgia instead of Colorado and I don't regret it at all. Southern ERs are quite entertaining!

OP
OP
EMT-B2B

EMT-B2B

Forum Crew Member
I agree with the small amount of hours required not being enough. I am going to do as many as I can, and try to even it out between ED and ride time.