Chat Room Conduct Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Community,

Over the past few months I've struggled with maintaining our site's family-friendly atmosphere in our more active chat room. A month or so ago a member came forward and raised issues concerning the chat room, and stated that because of the sometimes inappropriate nature of the conversations, they wouldn't be using the chat in the future. My reaction was that as a site owner I can't possibly monitor the chat room 24/7, and that members are solely responsible for their behavior in the live chat setting.

That said, please take a few moments to review my expectations for the chat room:
1. The discussion should remain family friendly.
2. Inappropriate, adult, or sexually-oriented conversations have no place in the chat room, chat private messages, or our PM system. Please email or message the person through AIM/MSN/Yahoo/Facebook/Myspace/Whatever, but not EMTLife.
3. You, the member, are responsible for your conduct in the chat room.

This message is not directed at any one member, and is not related to any single incident.

Our chat software has several features that allow our Community Leaders to evaluate issues and take corrective action as needed.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact the Community Leader team, including enjoynz, our Chat Host.

Thank you for your support!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
And to further clarify, this code of conduct goes for the private messages in the chat room as well.

We do have, and have had, the ability to monitor the PM's in the chat room. Up to now, the CL's have ignored what was posted in those messages but going forward, that will no longer be the case. If you violate the forum rules in the chat room, even in PM, we will take appropriate action.

If you have any questions about this, please contact any of our Community Leaders or Chat Hosts via PM or e-mail.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
This deserves repeating. Adult oriented conversations are expressly prohibited! Whether in posts, open chat, or PM's, if you can EXPECT to be banned from the Chat room - AT A MINUMUM!

Let me repeat this... slow and loud...

YOU WILL BE BANNED IF YOU CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE IN ADULT ORIENTED CONTENT!!!

Whether it is PM's, sending a link to websites, posts, ect....

Follow the forum guidelines people!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.