Changing Standing orders

John Legg

Forum Probie
Remember that each state has a well defined scope of practice for each defined level, along with an approved medication list
Once you verify it's an approved med at your level, approach your medical command council (as applicable) with documented, well thought out information.

In most situations, as simple "I want to do it" will not suffice. You need to thoroughly research and be prepared to present in a proficient manner.

John Legg
National EMS Association

medic417

The Truth Provider
Remember that each state has a well defined scope of practice for each defined level, along with an approved medication list
Once you verify it's an approved med at your level, approach your medical command council (as applicable) with documented, well thought out information.

In most situations, as simple "I want to do it" will not suffice. You need to thoroughly research and be prepared to present in a proficient manner.

John Legg
National EMS Association

Not correct for Texas. There is a minimum required list but medical directors can add pretty much any drug or skill they want to.

John Legg

Forum Probie
Interesting. I stand corrected.:blush: "Most states"

John Legg
National EMS Association

medic417

The Truth Provider
Interesting. I stand corrected.:blush: "Most states"

John Legg
National EMS Association

That is what makes a National organization almost impossible to work. EMS is to segmented and each segment wants to fight the others rather than joining forces to win the big battles which would allow us all to improve and live better.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Leave it to Texas to screw it all up!!!!!!!

At least those of us with good medical directors can practice medicine rather than be ambulance drivers like most in EMS seem to be. I am shocked at how little many that post on here are able to do.

John Legg

Forum Probie
"National" organization doesn't necessarily mean cookie cutter for everyone. Each area is unique and has assets to offer. Different strokes for different folks. Please don't think I'm suggesting everyone do exactly the same thing, simply from my signature line.

John Legg
National EMS Association

medic417

The Truth Provider
"National" organization doesn't necessarily mean cookie cutter for everyone. Each area is unique and has assets to offer. Different strokes for different folks. Please don't think I'm suggesting everyone do exactly the same thing, simply from my signature line.

John Legg
National EMS Association

Not implying that. I am saying that is what is wrong with our profession is we can't come together. We fight each other rather than joining forces and getting action done to help our whole profession. If we ever all joined forces we could all see benefits to the various niches we all serve in.

John Legg

Forum Probie
Good to know. I appreciate your opinion. You should check out the site. Please search as I don't want to violate the rules.

John Legg
National EMS Association (NEMSA)

medic417

The Truth Provider
Good to know. I appreciate your opinion. You should check out the site. Please search as I don't want to violate the rules.

John Legg
National EMS Association (NEMSA)

Been to it, interesting, I may PM you with some questions some day. But I only worry about my little niche.:p

John Legg

Forum Probie
LOL. Guess that's what happens when in "end of nowhere". LOL

We work extremely hard to better the EMS community and conditions.

John Legg
National EMS Association

OP
OP
Scriptor

Scriptor

Forum Probie
So who is the idiot who would only give a partial dose?

Why would (s)he only give a partial dose? - It is only 1mg in 1ml into the muscle, and is not supposed to be titrated.

Only got half the injection cause i got combative for a moment and jerked my leg as the injection was being given. Ok maybe it was more than a moment... i was really pretty much in shock at that point.

Last edited by a moderator: