Central Florida ems providers?

MaxK

Forum Ride Along
I am possibly moving to Orlando within the next year from Birmingham Al. I'm an AEMT and was curious at decent companies to work for in central Florida and what the average pay scale is with experience? Completely new to the area so any help would be appreciated.

FLMedic311

Forum Lieutenant
Hey! Just left the Orlando area.. So I can tell you that Florida does not recognize the AEMT, so you will only be able to function as an EMT-B until you can get you paramedic cert, in which there are plenty of schools good schools you could attend. As far as Jobs, in EMS only there are not a lot of options. It is either Falck or Rural Metro which actually has been bought out by AMR I believe.. Pay I believe starts around 9/Hr and 12-14/Hr for Paramedic. If you want to do Emergency EMS your going to have to get your FD and apply in a very competitive market. Pay starts around 45k/year. Hope this helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!

ParamedicGirl221

Forum Crew Member
i will look into these agencies as well. i applied to rural metro back in sept and still says your currently being considered for this job