CDC reports ER waits now average near 1 hour

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
an hour is nothing.

you present to boston medical center er with some bs complaint, you had better pack a lunch.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
exactly, out here though there waiting at the door if you stubbed your toe.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Here our primary trauma center has some waits over 24 hrs.

Sportsfans, how's LA doing with their magic disappearing County Hospitals? (MLK, then Harbor??).

emtjen15

Forum Probie
Out here in Mesa, AZ it depends on which ER you go to. I took my friend to the ER last friday afternoon and she was not admitted until Saturday Morning. I have Chron's Disease and I had meds in me with in 25 minutes. The ER I took my friend to was very weird, they had many people sitting in the waiting room with IV and puke bags. I will never go there, and I hope to never have to take any ones else there!:sad:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
if the average is approaching 1 hour... for every patient we bring in who gets a bed and gets seen in 1 minute, someone gets to wait 2 hours... etc.

Is there a solution?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I don't know where they got their numbers, but Emergency Nurses Association and many other describes an awaiting for more than 2 1/2 hours for a non-life threatening injury is to be expected and considered normal.

I agree that the numbers are severely skewed..

R/r 911

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Sportsfans, how's LA doing with their magic disappearing County Hospitals? (MLK, then Harbor??).
MLK is gone, but we still have Harbor General. I LOATHE going into that hospital with a patient. Even with a complaint of chest pain, expect to wait 2 hours before a nurse even comes to your gurney to interview the patient. Than wait another 30 minutes for a bed. I kid you not. Read the LA times.