CCT Medics in Orange County

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Hello, has anybody heard of Orange county ems allowing private medics in OC, Ive heard some rumors about this. I also heard it would require additional training and possibly like ICU clinicals as well as part of course. I guess it sound kinda like what flight medics undergo. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Hello, has anybody heard of Orange county ems allowing private medics in OC, Ive heard some rumors about this. I also heard it would require additional training and possibly like ICU clinicals as well as part of course. I guess it sound kinda like what flight medics undergo. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

They're trying to introduce IFT medics again for patients that just need a monitor and maybe a basic infusion during transport. It's not going to be anything complicated at this point or something that will displace RN CCTs yet. When I get home I'll try to find the link on the OCEMS website for you.

OP
OP
iftmedic

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Cool, thanks a guy i know when i was doing my cpr recert had an OC curriculum or something of that nature but there was other medics me that distracted me and i did not get a chance to really evaluate it. Also i heard several private companies want to actually be able to teach the class or update/ expanded scope i think is what they called it. The guy also stated that it might involve more pay for Paramedics. Thanks alot for your info though.

OP
OP
iftmedic

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Right on brother, Appreciate your prompt response. I could not find info anywhere nor did any other medics at work
know anything about it...