Catchin up

certguy

Forum Captain
Hi guys, sorry I haven't been on in a long time but we got tired of dial up and there's been a lot goin on.Unfortunately,I couldn't find a place in our area to volunteer and keep my skills up and for an old banged up guy it got too expensive to keep my cert current if I'm not actively working.I do however,still volunteer with CERT and Red Cross and am still a ham operator. I'm thankful for my training.Last friday I almost lost my wife of 28 yrs.,Jennifer to a strangulated hernia.If I hadn't been an EMT,I might not have caught it in time.She's healing great and should be out of the hospital in a couple days.I'm about to have a 2nd generation EMT in the family !!!! My son Kyle starts training in 2 weeks.I'm pretty proud of him.I've also got a new adopted grandkid.CJ was born Christmas mornin 9lbs. 14oz. Future Steelers linebacker !! That's it for now.God Bless.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
wow you have had alot going on. congrats on all of that. and its nice to hear your wife is doing good. ham radio nice my father is also a ham operator. and steelers? really? haha

OP
OP
C

certguy

Forum Captain
future linebacker

Okay,that Steelers comment was cold! Just cause our QB oughta be doin time,don't diz the rest of the team.After all,we have got 6 rings.Hopefully more by the time he's old enough.What can I say? I grew up in PA.:p

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome back and congrats on everything.

Does your son belong to EMTLife? :)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome back and congrats on everything.

Does your son belong to EMTLife? :)

OP
OP
C

certguy

Forum Captain
more catchin up

Hi Chimpie,long time since we talked.Hope your doin well.No,my son's not a member yet,but I'm workin on him.He's on a waiting list for his class so he's sweating gettin in.Do you knlw of any 2 week EMTB classes besides San Fransisco that can help with grants??

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
wait.... 2 week EMT classes? Please tell me he's not going to one of those.

OP
OP
C

certguy

Forum Captain
2 week EMTB classes

Hi Chimpie,no Kyle's not in one of those,but he's thinking about it.If you get into the right class,they can be pretty good.My orlginal cert was from such a class but it was while I was in the navy and taught by seal corpsmen.They were the best instructors I've had.I was the first non corpsman to go through thier class&it gave me a great base of knowledge to work with.He can't afford thier program anyway,so he's sticking to the academy.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Crikey! Thyrotomy!

Welcome back, thanks for the message. Very best wishes for you and your expanding family.

OP
OP
C

certguy

Forum Captain
update Great news!!

Hi guys, I just brought Jenn home from the hospital.She's doin great,much better than anyone expected.Thank you God and San Juaquin Hospital.Her surgeon&the staff are some of the best I've seen.For the first time in a week,I can get some good sleep.

OP
OP
C

certguy

Forum Captain
Answer to Chimpie's question

Hi Chimpie,in answer to your earlier question.yes,my son just joined.He's emt16.