Case study

Frank frankerson ESQ

Forum Crew Member
70 something.. 80/40. RR 16. CHF. RVR afib/RVR aflutter here and there. Mental status ok when laying flat. No chief complaint.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
A lot of information left out. 70’s something male or female? What was the chief complaint or reason we were called out? Was it an A-Fib or A-Flutter and by “here and there” are you meaning it was not a sustained rhythm? RVR just means a ventricular rate over 100, so it could be RVR at 102 or RVR at 200. Any EKG you can upload? How are his/her skins? Mental status “ok while laying down”, what happens when they sit up? Any other medical history aside from CHF? How long have they had the cough? Is it productive or non-productive?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Call the coroner. *Mic drop*

OP
OP
F

Frank frankerson ESQ

Forum Crew Member
A lot of information left out. 70’s something male or female? What was the chief complaint or reason we were called out? Was it an A-Fib or A-Flutter and by “here and there” are you meaning it was not a sustained rhythm? RVR just means a ventricular rate over 100, so it could be RVR at 102 or RVR at 200. Any EKG you can upload? How are his/her skins? Mental status “ok while laying down”, what happens when they sit up? Any other medical history aside from CHF? How long have they had the cough? Is it productive or non-productive?
Doesnt matter. i gave the pertinent info. Do you give push dose or fluid wide open? Thats the jeopardy question when you have 15 seconds as in real life. Rate 140 Here And There. Skin so what

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Doesnt matter. i gave the pertinent info. Do you give push dose or fluid wide open? Thats the jeopardy question when you have 15 seconds as in real life. Rate 140 Here And There. Skin so what
You gave some pertinent information but no where near what could have been provided or obtained.

Do I give fluids or do I give medication or do I go with another treatment route all revolves around a decent assessment, which has not been provided. I have witnessed providers attempt to cardiovert a septic patient because the patients heart rate was 160 but their piss poor assessment didn’t take into account anything else.

15 seconds? You have got to be kidding me with that line of BS. This patient is not going to die in the next 15 seconds and probably not in the next 15 minutes.

OP
OP
F

Frank frankerson ESQ

Forum Crew Member
You gave some pertinent information but no where near what could have been provided or obtained.

Do I give fluids or do I give medication or do I go with another treatment route all revolves around a decent assessment, which has not been provided. I have witnessed providers attempt to cardiovert a septic patient because the patients heart rate was 160 but their piss poor assessment didn’t take into account anything else.

15 seconds? You have got to be kidding me with that line of BS. This patient is not going to die in the next 15 seconds and probably not in the next 15 minutes.
How do you know that?

OP
OP
F

Frank frankerson ESQ

Forum Crew Member

With all due respect, have you been given a handoff with no info and the watch is ticking fast? Theres not alot of time for 20 questions

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Then you either don’t have a lot of experience, a lot of patient contacts, work in the 911 system, or don’t work in a high call volume system. I’ve had way more patients say they are going to die who were completely stable than vice versa. By way more I am talking about well over triple in 10 years

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
With all due respect, have you been given a handoff with no info and the watch is ticking fast? Theres not alot of time for 20 questions
Based on what you presented, a matter of seconds is not going to make any difference in the patients outcome. It is very easy to give a decent hand over in under a minute. If you are rolling into your hospitals and just providing them with that report then you really need to work on giving better reports.

OP
OP
F

Frank frankerson ESQ

Forum Crew Member
Then you either don’t have a lot of experience, a lot of patient contacts, work in the 911 system, or don’t work in a high call volume system. I’ve had way more patients say they are going to die who were completely stable than vice versa. By way more I am talking about well over triple in 10 years
********. When someone says they think they are going to die its rare. I could care less about 30 years of 2 calls a day avg or whatever fundraiser youre doinf
go blow country smoke up someone elses but