Careflite DFW

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
CareFlite? From the top down there are some major issues.

I predict that within six months to a year CF as we know it will no longer exist. Sure, there'll still be a company by that name, but I wonder if it will even be recognizable.

Been reading Just Helicopters?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
They've been getting hammered pretty badly over there.

I've just been seeing a lot of things, lately, and hearing more and more.

Cool, the consortium concept works, until your "partners" are fighting each other for survival.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Careflite is a pretty good company. They pay better than AMR, but from what I hear, they have been suffering just like AMR has.

MedicSchwanee

Forum Crew Member
I have a buddy that works for careflight, he says they pay so much because all the crap you have to put up with..... What the "crap" is tho I haven't a clue........

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
You sure they don't pay so much because they are a non-profit organazation and have to put the money some place? ;)

Medic2409

Forum Lieutenant
You sure they don't pay so much because they are a non-profit organazation and have to put the money some place? ;)

Nope, as a matter of fact, in all ground divisions except one, they have cut hours back to 40/week, rather than the 48/week the employees were getting. Also, they are hiring a LOT of PRN personnel in order to avoid paying that 8 hrs. OT.

I've heard something about how they're over a million dollars in the hole.

Medic2409

Forum Lieutenant
I have a buddy that works for careflight, he says they pay so much because all the crap you have to put up with..... What the "crap" is tho I haven't a clue........

Lets just say that some EMT's get away with any and everything, while others get fired for much lesser offenses.

For example, there was one EMT who intubated a patient, and nothing happened...NOTHING. On the other hand, there was an EMT who started an IV, and got fired.

Makes ya wonder.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Careflite is a pretty good company. They pay better than AMR, but from what I hear, they have been suffering just like AMR has.

What do you mean, suffering?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Lets just say that some EMT's get away with any and everything, while others get fired for much lesser offenses.

For example, there was one EMT who intubated a patient, and nothing happened...NOTHING. On the other hand, there was an EMT who started an IV, and got fired.

Makes ya wonder.
I just can't see how that would happen. Now if the EMT who tubed was an EMT-I and the EMT who started the line was an EMT-B... yea, I could see it going down like that. And it would make sense.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler

Makes ya wonder.

Stephanie, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't every truck in the Careflite system have a medic on-board? I just don't see this. Sound like typical inter-service trashtalk/gossip.

In addition SOME medical directors allow personnel in paramedic school to perform skills while on-duty. Not saying I agree with it (strongly disagree in fact) but it is done.

Last edited by a moderator:

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
Stephanie, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't every truck in the Careflite system have a medic on-board? I just don't see this. Sound like typical inter-service trashtalk/gossip.

Agree, whole-heartedly. Sounds like something an ex-employee would say after being fired. Just my opinion though.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief

Medic2409

Forum Lieutenant
Originally Posted by Medic2409

Makes ya wonder.

I just can't see how that would happen. Now if the EMT who tubed was an EMT-I and the EMT who started the line was an EMT-B... yea, I could see it going down like that. And it would make sense.

The two incindents above did happen, and none of what went down made sense. OTOH, while CF didn't do anything to the EMT-B who intubated, he did have to go to before the State and very nearly lost his patch. These were two incident's that occurred years ago. All parties involved have moved on, and my bringing them up after all these years was unnecessary. As I said, the EMT who intubated almost lost his patch, and I don't know if even now the State will allow him to become a Medic. The EMT who started the IV had apparently been warned once, he has also moved on and is now an Intermediate who I believe is working towards his Medic.

As far as things that are going on now, well, what has happened has happened. CF has a lot of good people on the streets, my issue is my problem, not theirs, and I will do my best to keep it to myself.