CARE Physical-Back Strength Test

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
Can someone please tell me how I can prepare for CARE's
Physical for the Back strength machine test?

Thank you!

Chan

Forum Crew Member
Use your legs, most those test are just tests to see if you know how to properly lift.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
Lol actually this one is trippy. It straps you in - using your legs isn't an option. It's a computer run test but the guy who tests you is a chiropractor and is super cool - he'll walk you through it and let you practice a few times, it's pretty easy. That and you walk around and up and down stairs with some weights in a basket.

OP
OP
OCTraumaQueen

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
I hear it's the machine, and you're strapped in...?

OP
OP
OCTraumaQueen

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
Lol actually this one is trippy. It straps you in - using your legs isn't an option. It's a computer run test but the guy who tests you is a chiropractor and is super cool - he'll walk you through it and let you practice a few times, it's pretty easy. That and you walk around and up and down stairs with some weights in a basket.

Thanks!

So how would you fail?

KyleG

Forum Crew Member
Just lift with your legs you got it.

Anonymous

Forum Captain
Not a lot you can do to prepare given I am sure you have a short amount of time. Just don't have a full bladder like I did.

OP
OP
OCTraumaQueen

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
Just lift with your legs you got it.

Is it similar to the leg machine at the gym where you push off with your legs?

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
No. They're testing back strength, that works legs. Come on guys, "lift with your legs" has nothing to do with your back and that's isn't what youll be tested on..

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
Hey guys, I kindly ask that if you don't know what someone is asking, seek clarification prior to answering. She is not asking about a lift test. This is a lower back test on a machine which only allows you to use your abs, obliques, and erector spinae. The tester will explain everything just do as he says and you will be fine.

oceanminded28

Forum Ride Along
My turn...

Hey I was wondering how accurate the replies in here were. I also will be going to this back strength test and am curious how it went for you. Thank you!