Care Amublance OC background check

slewy

Forum Lieutenant
Hey everyone,

I recently got a conditional job offer with Care Ambulance and finished their background/physical about two weeks ago. However, I am yet to hear anything back from them, but they did give me an estimated start date of March 4. Anyone else recently get hired and have you heard anything yet? How long do they generally take?

Thanks

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
Took me 2 weeks. You should be getting it any day now. It doesn't hurt to give them a call either. We're hiring so many people, they might ave just forgot to call you. Or called, and you didn't answer.

OP
OP
S

slewy

Forum Lieutenant
You called it! They called me two hours after I posted this, I passed it. How are the shirts? I went to try mine on today and it felt a little uncomfortable.
Thanks

OP
OP
S

slewy

Forum Lieutenant
That's good to hear. How was your start at Care? After orientation is over what will I be doing, IFT's? How long before you can work 24's?

energystar

Forum Crew Member
After orientation you will be floating, which means you will be scheduled for 911 shifts and IFT shifts depending on the needs of scheduling. You can start picking up 24s once you get done with drivers training. As for getting a permanent 24 as your shift, it varies from 6-10 months for an IFT 24 and around a year for a 911 24 on average.

OP
OP
S

slewy

Forum Lieutenant
wow a whole year!? I'm guessing there are a lot of people who don't leave that are hogging up those shifts.

Anonymous

Forum Captain
You called it! They called me two hours after I posted this, I passed it. How are the shirts? I went to try mine on today and it felt a little uncomfortable.
Thanks

They aren't too bad, they will tailor them for you and make sure you are happy with the way they fit, you are going to be spending a lot of time in them. The only nice thing about white shirts is you can easily see when you get something on your shirt that doesn't belong. Just keep a bleach pen in your bag.

Typically 911 24s are the most desirable shifts so people tend to stay on them once they win the bid.

that and once you are on a 911 24 you cannot bid for other shifts for 6 months. I think they do it to improve the working relationship between fire and the crews. It is nice running with the same guys day in and day out. I can imagine it is frustrating for the medics to have an EMT they are not familiar with on every call.

OP
OP
S

slewy

Forum Lieutenant
As for the shirt, the guy working the shop didn't tailor it for me. Taylored the pants, for the shirt he had me choose my size and that was it. Once I pick them up I will get them Tailored where I live, not too worried about it. That totally makes sense to have the same EMT crew with fire. That seems like it would make the fire crew trust you more because they work with you a lot. Do you have any recommendations for me after I finish orientation? I know I have to wait to get 911 24's, but could I get day car 911 shifts?

sage267

Forum Crew Member
Had a question about care. Since its acquisition by falck has it been any different operations wise than before? And also is it easy to pick up OT or is it fairly hard or is limited to only certain amount of hours? Thanks any info greatly appreciated.

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
Had a question about care. Since its acquisition by falck has it been any different operations wise than before? And also is it easy to pick up OT or is it fairly hard or is limited to only certain amount of hours? Thanks any info greatly appreciated.

The company is great. Ignore anyone who says otherwise. 911 day cars are always open for pickup. 24's, not so much. The amount of OT is ridiculous. I'm at 110 hours this week.

sage267

Forum Crew Member
Any advice for the interview process. Will be testing soon and was looking for advice. Is a suit a must or can you just go in with slacks and dress shirt and tie no jacket. Cause I've put on a few extra lbs and the jacket doesn't quite fit anymore hehe lol gotta get it let out hehe.

OP
OP
S

slewy

Forum Lieutenant
Are there 911 day cars for all their contracts or is only select areas that offer day cars?