Care Ambulance (LA and Orange County)

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
I heard through the grapevine, that Care/Falck Ambulance is in the process of purchasing Medic 1/RSI Ambulance in Los Angeles County. has anyone heard of this?

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I heard through the grapevine, that Care/Falck Ambulance is in the process of purchasing Medic 1/RSI Ambulance in Los Angeles County. has anyone heard of this?

Wouldnt surprise me. I know CARE is running a SGV rig. How long before these big companies try to overthrow Schaefer and take over the SGV?

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Don't know if they are but I have heard care ambulance is a good company so it won't be surprising if they do take over companies down there.

Jacedc

Forum Probie
I currently work for RSI/Medic-1 as an EMT, and I haven't heard of anything recent about care buying us out. I know they did offer a year or two ago to buy out the company, but as of right now RSI is staying on its feet.

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
I currently work for RSI/Medic-1 as an EMT, and I haven't heard of anything recent about care buying us out. I know they did offer a year or two ago to buy out the company, but as of right now RSI is staying on its feet.

Selling the company wouldn't meant it can't stand on its own feet. Many entrepreneurs see it as the their greatest accomplishment when they can build a business to the point that they get offers from buyers :)

As far as hearing news about it, many owners don't keep their employees updated on that kind of stuff until a plan is more solidified. Neither McCormick nor Care employees knew when they entered into an initial agreement (that eventually fell through). In fact, Care employees found out hours before McCormick employees...