Canadate Application for NREMT

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
So it's been 2 years since I took the NREMT which was for my AEMT. It looks as if the application to test for the NREMT has changed and I am a bit confused and hoping someone could help me. I have tried contacting the school with no response with an answer.

So I am getting ready to take the nremt for my Paramedic. When I go to create the application to rest under the level to certify it has Paramedic and Paramedic Assessment. Which one do I put down? What's the difference between the two?

Sorry if it's a dumb question.

srcoen

Forum Crew Member
Okay... I’m just a Basic, so don’t sue me if I’m wrong, but one is the written exam, and the assessment, I believe, is the psychomotor SKILLS... just like all things NREMT.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
No. Assessment is if you’re not eligible for NREMT certification, but still need the test for license. (For example, PA allows 16 years old to test into EMT, but they can not become nationally registered until 18. Their test is the assessment.)

Select the “paramedic”. Also, there is a complete 20+ page candidate guide in the website, for each level. You can grab that PDF and get all the answers.

OP
OP
T

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
I know when I took my basic in 2005 and AEMT in 2016 you only did 1 application and it was for both the skills and written. Did they change it to where you have to do 2 separate applications now?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I know when I took my basic in 2005 and AEMT in 2016 you only did 1 application and it was for both the skills and written. Did they change it to where you have to do 2 separate applications now?

No.

OP
OP
T

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
No. Assessment is if you’re not eligible for NREMT certification, but still need the test for license. (For example, PA allows 16 years old to test into EMT, but they can not become nationally registered until 18. Their test is the assessment.)

Select the “paramedic”. Also, there is a complete 20+ page candidate guide in the website, for each level. You can grab that PDF and get all the answers.

Thank you very much.