Can someone explain the NCCR to me?

Leal271

Forum Ride Along
I am a Massachusetts Paramedic and as you may know massachusetts recently adopted the NREMT. I plan on obtained my NREMTP soon but at this time I am completing my education requirements for recertification. The NCCR system is new to me, what is considered National, Local and Individual education?

I have already searched the OEMS webite but they do not clarify what counts as what

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Step one in a search for enlightenment: strip the bullsheet acronyms back to their real words.

(E.G., Google doesn't know what you're saying).;)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

mycrofft

Incorrect. A simple google of "Massachusetts NCCR" brought up a slew of hits. Here's a very relevant one.

However, since the OP was unable to get an answer after reading, a call to MassOEMS is probably in order.

http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/dph/emergency-services/nremt/nremt-con-ed-requirements.pdf

What did you mean by "Incorrect" in this context? I described my experience to a tee. I googled "NCCR medical" and got nothing.

Nonetheless, good find on your part, thanks for sharing.;)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You said "google doesn't know what you're talking about." I stated "incorrect" because very clearly Google knew what I was talking about, and I was able to obtain information simply from the context of the thread. Took less than 30 seconds.

You, on the other hand, used this post as a "down with acronyms" soapbox.

mycrofft

OK, got it.

You said "google doesn't know what you're talking about." I stated "incorrect" because very clearly Google knew what I was talking about, and I was able to obtain information simply from the context of the thread. Took less than 30 seconds.

You, on the other hand, used this post as a "down with acronyms" soapbox.

1. Yes, you are right! Google was holding out on me. Bad Google.

2. I on the other hand am always against the excessive use of acronyms, e.g., when I don't know what they mean. If I do know, then they're ok.:wacko:

Thanks some more.