CALLING RIDRYDER (or anyone who can answer)

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
Yes it is confusing. New York has too many levels of care and at times it can cause problems if you don't know what the provider can do at that level.
EMT- First Responder
EMT-Basic
EMT-Intermediate
AEMT-Critical Care
AEMT-Paramedic

I have thought about going back to school to get my paramedic but decided that I would rather get my RN degree. Just one of my life goals.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Yes it is confusing. New York has too many levels of care and at times it can cause problems if you don't know what the provider can do at that level.
EMT- First Responder
EMT-Basic
EMT-Intermediate
AEMT-Critical Care
AEMT-Paramedic

I have thought about going back to school to get my paramedic but decided that I would rather get my RN degree. Just one of my life goals.

A paramedic, which is ALS, is above critcal care in NY?!? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. To put it as politically correct as I can, that is about as practical as mammory glands on male swine in my honest opinion.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
"CALLING RIDRYDER (or anyone who can answer)"
lol Rid hasn't even posted in this topic.
Just thought I'd mention that while I am killing some time here.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I use the CCEMT/P as Critical Care Paramedic because it is usually recognized (like it or not) nationally that I have received additional education past the traditional Paramedic program. Also, I do use it on pcr because we charge for SCT hence title to signify that the care was performed by qualified provider.

I recognize the difference in emergency and critical care, as one that has worked several years (decades) in each.

R/r 911

VentMedic

Forum Chief
I use the CCEMT/P as Critical Care Paramedic because it is usually recognized (like it or not) nationally that I have received additional education past the traditional Paramedic program. Also, I do use it on pcr because we charge for SCT hence title to signify that the care was performed by qualified provider.

R/r 911

But, to be clear, there is no national agency at this time that offers a certification test with a trademarked name as CCEMT-P or Critical Care Paramedic. The exception being the states that have included CCP or CCEMT-P as a level.

Correct?

RNs, RRTs, PAs and MDs can also put CCEMTP behind their name after certifying with the UMBC program. They just have to be careful not to use the (-) in states where there is a CCEMT-P or CC EMT-P level to avoid confusion of misrepresent themselves as having that license level versus have completed just some additional training to get another cert. However, most RNs, RRTs, PAs and MDs don't bother putting CCEMTP behind their names anymore than they include ACLS.

Rid,
Is your truck licensed differently by your state? Are there any standards for the number of hours one must be trained or educated in your area to differentiate "CC" for SCT? That is where the issue has come with the 4 hour backroom certs and suddenly the truck is now qualified for SCT. We run RN/Paramedic or RN/RN on the helicopter and ground trucks are RN/RN or RN/RRT. So, I have not dealt with it from an EMS Paramedic point of view in awhile since the FD did not do specialty or interfacility unless an RN or RRT from the hospital accompanied.