California Questions

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I have just over four years of being a fake paramedic in the Bay Area. I don't remember Diltiazem dose, which makes me a fake paramedic, even though Diltiazem is not in our scope of practice of paramedics in most of the Bay Area. Anything I know about cardiology is likely Googled or learned online. I also failed my field training time as a paramedic in Alameda County, which means I cannot reflect on my experience there or compare it to my four years experience as a fake paramedic where I work at now. Even though most protocols are easily available online, including Alameda County, I cannot compare it to my own protocols and realize that it really isn't that much better than most places.

I've posted plenty of fake information online. Feel free to search through it at your own risk.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I have just over four years of being a fake paramedic in the Bay Area. I don't remember Diltiazem dose, which makes me a fake paramedic, even though Diltiazem is not in our scope of practice of paramedics in most of the Bay Area. Anything I know about cardiology is likely Googled or learned online. I also failed my field training time as a paramedic in Alameda County, which means I cannot reflect on my experience there or compare it to my four years experience as a fake paramedic where I work at now. Even though most protocols are easily available online, including Alameda County, I cannot compare it to my own protocols and realize that it really isn't that much better than most places.

I've posted plenty of fake information online. Feel free to search through it at your own risk.

Jesus Christ get over it.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
$20,000 sign on bonus plus housing assistance for AMR-Santa Barbara County

Attachments

• 89369840_2279938492308705_8311832448811925504_o.png
    89369840_2279938492308705_8311832448811925504_o.png
    602.1 KB · Views: 145
A buddy of mine showed me this the other day. Does anyone have experience with amr Santa Barbara? Like hows the culture, the pay, etc

It's California's best kept EMS secret:

6 out of the 9 fire departments are BLS

No MICNs

EMTs can be given BLS 911 calls by the Paramedic

Pit crew CPR

Vents

No bed delay

Every crew has assigned transfer times

Flex crews are put last up for calls 30 minutes before end of shift

No OT restrictions

Plenty more

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nwarren

Forum Crew Member

No MICNs

Pit crew CPR

Vents

No bed delay

No OT restrictions

Plenty more
I like dis. I like dis alot

OP
OP
N

nwarren

Forum Crew Member
WHats the pay like for a new medic?

No MICNs

Pit crew CPR

Vents

No bed delay

No OT restrictions

Plenty more

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
New medic is $21.40. I worked there briefly and wished I was still able to but my commute was way to much and my plans to relocate closer fell through due to financial reasons. Hopefully can move closer by end of year.
but it was great vibe. Great people. Wasn’t to busy. Like 3-4 calls a day at Santa Barbara area.

OP
OP
N

nwarren

Forum Crew Member
New medic is $21.40. I worked there briefly and wished I was still able to but my commute was way to much and my plans to relocate closer fell through due to financial reasons. Hopefully can move closer by end of year.
but it was great vibe. Great people. Wasn’t to busy. Like 3-4 calls a day at Santa Barbara area.
Was there good overtime opportunity there?

Was there good overtime opportunity there?

Overtime is unlimited and you can pick up shifts for double time. We had somebody clear $160,000 last year.

Also, they offer paid internships at top step EMT rate. Give them a call for more info.

OP
OP
N

nwarren

Forum Crew Member
Overtime is unlimited and you can pick up shifts for double time. We had somebody clear $160,000 last year.

Also, they offer paid internships at top step EMT rate. Give them a call for more info.
Does yalls overtime start after 40 hours in the week or after 8 hours in the day?

Yall do the normal amr schedule of 3 12's one week, 4 12's the next?

Yes as well as seven 24 hour shift stations. Modified Kelley schedule with a stretch of six consecutive days off once a month.

OP
OP
N

nwarren

Forum Crew Member
Yes as well as seven 24 hour shift stations. Modified Kelley schedule with a stretch of six consecutive days off once a month.
Nice nice, that's rad. How hard is it to get 24 hour shifts? And also, do y'all do street posting on the 12's or do yall have the little random office building type deals throughout the county when you're posting? This all sounds really rad, the only thing that worries me is the pay compared to how expensive the area is