California Paramedics Hourly pay

JRod92

Forum Ride Along
Hello ladies and gentleman. Just wondering on aveg how much are Paramedics making ab hour in CA .. San Diego to be specific. Also with overtime how much exactly on average is a medic making a month.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
I’m making $18/hr overtime after 8hrs a day in Orange County. Everyplace is different though. In LA you can do just monitor transports and make 30/hr. But seems super boring after awhile haha. San Diego seems to be around the $18 mark but things could change with the whole falk winning the new city contract and all

OP
OP
J

JRod92

Forum Ride Along
I’m making $18/hr overtime after 8hrs a day in Orange County. Everyplace is different though. In LA you can do just monitor transports and make 30/hr. But seems super boring after awhile haha. San Diego seems to be around the $18 mark but things could change with the whole falk winning the new city contract and all
I heard about that. But would the change be in favor of Medics?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Central California, both inland and coastal, will probably be your best bet for “livable” California paramedic wages.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
AMR is hanging onto that contract btw, AMR threatened litigation and apparently the city threw out the bid process.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
17.45 an hour on 24s here in NE Texas, 25.93 on 12 hour scheduling.

mrhunt

Forum Lieutenant
im currently a brand new medic under a year making 22.05 an hour doing 911.
We have senior 10+ year emt's making 6 figures a year here too. no joke.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
im currently a brand new medic under a year making 22.05 an hour doing 911.
We have senior 10+ year emt's making 6 figures a year here too. no joke.
Where at?

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow; I make $25 an hour base, working 48 hours on 5 days off with a 25% shift diff on everything. Base with no OT is about $62K. I made $75K last year. NW Utah, but working for the Military as a civilian medic

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
The Bay Area can pay a lot. In one county in the Bay Area, the starting pay for a brand new paramedic is almost $30/hour. I think I've sent you info before RocketMedic.

Last time I researched paramedic pay in San Diego, they made next to nothing. Their pay was awful, and they had staffing issues well before everyone else did up North for obvious reasons.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
The Bay Area can pay a lot. In one county in the Bay Area, the starting pay for a brand new paramedic is almost $30/hour. I think I've sent you info before RocketMedic.

Last time I researched paramedic pay in San Diego, they made next to nothing. Their pay was awful, and they had staffing issues well before everyone else did up North for obvious reasons.
San Diego doesnt pay well for any public safety, even the highest paid agencies pale in comparison to LA and OC, and even some in the IE. It's the garbage "sunshine discount" that has been prevalent down there for years. I grew up there, work there and can't afford to live anywhere close.

AMR Santa Barbara County had a few medics pull between $130-160k last year.

OT is unlimited

10k sign on bonus

mrhunt

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah and its santa barbara......and You run the show, not fire. And good protocols. Ive been seriously tempted to take a job with them for a minute now. Dont they have that oil rig gig too over there? Sounds pretty sweet if you ask me.

I may be making 73K a year as a medic with under a year experience......but Overtime went from 144 hours a week to literally nothing so it sucks now.

FLMedic311

Forum Lieutenant
King county? Where's that at? They hiring? Hook me up with some info.
I just posted on the hiring board. King County serves south of Seattle Washington. Also here is a link to our website. Of course, if you have any other questions let me know and I will be happy to answer them.