California EMT student with a question about disqualifications

eponymous

Forum Ride Along
Hey Everyone,

Years go I spent a few days at a rehab facility to quit drinking. I haven't drank since but I'm wondering how badly this will come back to bite me. I know it's not an automatic disqualification but will there be problems with insurance, getting hired etc?

Thanks

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
It may depend upon whether or not you were required to go there as part of a sentence, voluntarily went, or even if you're legally required to disclose it...

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey Everyone,

Years go I spent a few days at a rehab facility to quit drinking. I haven't drank since but I'm wondering how badly this will come back to bite me. I know it's not an automatic disqualification but will there be problems with insurance, getting hired etc?

Thanks

I don't think it would be a problem unless, as said you are legally required to disclose it.

Way to go on only taking a couple days to quit drinking in detox mate, thats quicker than most.

CARRERA

Forum Probie
Like others said, if it wasn't a court order it shouldn't be a problem but in states that require an ambulance driver license or endorsement, they will ask if you have alcohol problems. If you are past that, I don't think it would be untruthful to say no on the application. Good luck.