California Ambulance Drivers License

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You just have to pay more money to take it again. You can take the ambulance test without having any medical classes. The AMR link that was provided IS THE EXACT DMV TEST (it's only missing about 3 questions).the questions are worded the exact same way. It's like they give you the answer key and all you have to do is just remember the answers. what my instructor said was "save yourself the 5 bucks and do a simple google search and you will find the exact test with the answers provided to you for free." I did that and found the questions and answers.

Rev.IKON

Forum Crew Member
You just have to pay more money to take it again. You can take the ambulance test without having any medical classes. The AMR link that was provided IS THE EXACT DMV TEST (it's only missing about 3 questions).the questions are worded the exact same way. It's like they give you the answer key and all you have to do is just remember the answers. what my instructor said was "save yourself the 5 bucks and do a simple google search and you will find the exact test with the answers provided to you for free." I did that and found the questions and answers.

also u can search for a page in facebook has it and comments from people who took it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
also u can search for a page in facebook has it and comments from people who took it.

That's the one I used. I didn't wanna tell people flat out because honestly that link is extremely easy to find. If someone doesn't find that link they either have horrible luck or they aren't even trying.

smokey13500

Forum Ride Along
wow!!! people and their bad attitude!!!! I thought that people would try to help in this forum if they don't have the answer why do they even bother to write a comment that is no help at all. For Example Mr. Brown

smokey13500

Forum Ride Along
ok so tell me this! why is it that every single person that wrote back has to talk :censored::censored::censored::censored:! th man asked one simple question an u guys have to blow him up about it an make him feel like crap! im shocked u guys are even one this post we are one big family in a way! we all have one thing incommon! EMS! no need for the :censored::censored::censored::censored: talking!
dont worry man if u fail 3 time u have to wait i think 6 months an then u will be able to pay an take the test another 3 time.
hope that helps

I agreed with you:)

smokey13500

Forum Ride Along
To the OP, if you are unable to critically think how to ask the right people the right questions about such a simple matter, it leaves many of us to wonder if you can handle some of the things seen in the ambulance service.

However it seems critical thinking is not required in todays modern society.

This is a forum and anyone is entitle to ask any questions if you don't want to answer your not obligated. Sometime is easier for people to ask and get a quick question than to be researching. it leaves many of us to wonder if you are the right people to be working with the EMS.

smokey13500

Forum Ride Along
I am a new EMT an I wanted to know if before applying for a job do I need to have an ambulance driver license in California. I also want to know from EMTs if they are happy with their jobs, and is it hard to find a job as entry level EMT?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
It's not required for applying for jobs, but it's highly advisable. It is required for driving an ambulance in California, and most jobs will not even look at your application if you don't have one at the time you applied.

A lot of EMT jobs in California are interfacility transports (IFT), transport a patient from one facility to another non-emergently, and it becomes very routine, and there is a high attrition rate/a lot of people quit. I recently got hired on with an IFT company, and I currently cannot get enough of it, but I've been trying to get job for about a year and a half.

The time it takes to get a job varies. I've heard of people getting EMT jobs in California as early as three months after they've graduated. Over a year or two is a common number I hear in California though; some people recert before they even get a job, or some let it expire. In my area, I notice a lot of EMT students never end up working as EMTs - ever.

A quick note on some of your post, you can still use your edit button for a short while after you've submitted a post. It's better to edit your posts than to make four consecutive posts on the same thread; forum etiquette. If you need to edit it so much to the point that edit button no longer works, or you decide to make changes after the edit button no longer works, it may be a sign that you need to think before you post. The same is true for when you give a radio report, writing a narative, or just reporting to a nurse or doctor.

MrBrown is also a well respected member here, and he has a lot of valuable information to contribute. If you're on his good side, you could learn a lot from him.

Another forum etiquette thing is to search Google and the forum itself before asking questions. When asking a question, demonstrate effort by explaining your rationale or showing your work. It's the same way in real life too, if you ask questions that have already been recently answer, or the answer is easily accessible without asking, people find it annoying to answer, and you're probably gonna get snapped at.

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
I lived in California for a little over 20 years, but couldn't find anything clear on the matter on the DMV website.

I believe it was the same situation when I took the written test for my motorcycle there. I can't stand written tests and ended up taking the stupid thing (passed on the third try).

I believe you have to wait for a time period (to be determined by asking) and then pay them for another three chances.

Last edited by a moderator:

TatorTots

Forum Ride Along
Im taking my Ambulance Test today! Eek! Im so nervous! I read the blue book, so I'm hoping that will have prepared me enough. Also I took the little quiz AMR has on their website. This whole ambulance thing with the dmv has been such a pain. I called and asked if i needed to bring any paperwork and they said no, so i made my appt. I showed up the lady put me all the way through the process, then another lady walks by and says STOP!! You cant take that yet, and gave me a list of paperwork I needed. Eeek! So another livescan and physical later I'm on my way to taking it today!
I'm gonna wear my lucky socks...just in case ;)