Calif. medic instructor wades through snakes to reach crash victim

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I hope she doesn't do the lecture on scene safety.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Or the lecture on patient assessment..............

Unconscious / dead. There is a difference!

Hanging out with a dead girl in a snake infested pool. I don't friggin' think so!

Dumb, absolutely dumb.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Or the lecture on patient assessment..............

Unconscious / dead. There is a difference!

Hanging out with a dead girl in a snake infested pool. I don't friggin' think so!

Dumb, absolutely dumb.

I agree with you. Something does not quite make sense there.
snake infested pool *shivers*
makes you wonder what the real story is. News reporters generaly hype things up abit, or put a spin on it.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Scene safety= fail
BSI= fail (snakes can be poisonous)

Hal9000

Forum Captain
She could probably tell if the snakes were poisonous. I don't think it's a huge scene safety issue. Since I've been around hundreds of snakes, perhaps I have some advantage in that area, but I would like to believe that many people are somewhat educated as to the types of snakes in their geographic region.

reaper

Working Bum
Hell with the snakes. A partially submerged vehicle is not safe to be around. have seen 3 over the years where a provider has been trapped, when the vehicle shifted in the water or mud. Not to mention leaking fuel floating on water.

Lets teach scene safety, not stupid heroics!

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
She could probably tell if the snakes were poisonous. I don't think it's a huge scene safety issue. Since I've been around hundreds of snakes, perhaps I have some advantage in that area, but I would like to believe that many people are somewhat educated as to the types of snakes in their geographic region.

I wouldn't give her too much credit, based on her statements and actions trying to rescue a dead person, I would question her ability to have any common knowledge of herpetology.

Sorry , still an EPIC FAIL!

Hal9000

Forum Captain
I wouldn't give her too much credit, based on her statements and actions trying to rescue a dead person, I would question her ability to have any common knowledge of herpetology.

Sorry , still an EPIC FAIL!

Possibly, but not for the snake reason. And not knowing the size of the body—or really much else, given the level of reporting—I don't believe I can accurately assess the level of fail.