Calculator software for PDAs

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
It's been recommended that I have a decent graphing calculator, like the TI-83+, before taking a college math class. I could get one...but since I'm also getting a PDA...I'm wondering if there is any good software (free or not) you know of that basically acts like a graphing calculator on a PDA.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
A google search turned up 117,000 entries for "palm os graphing calculator freeware download"

But you might take a look at EasyCalc.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I've taken two college math classes, and have taken several math starndardized tests. I can tell you that most classes, and all tests, will not allow you to use a PDA. Part of the issue what what else you could possibly have stored on it, and what functions the calculator serves.

OP
OP
JJR512

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
MMiz said:
I've taken two college math classes, and have taken several math starndardized tests. I can tell you that most classes, and all tests, will not allow you to use a PDA. Part of the issue what what else you could possibly have stored on it, and what functions the calculator serves.
That makes sense, but really, with all the memory that calculators have now, even the ones that say they're allowed on tests (ACT, SAT, whatever)...you could put a LOT of notes in there on how to do stuff, special formulas you write to make things easier, whatever. I know, because in high school (13 years ago), I had a Casio graphing calculator that was a lot better than the TI-83s they had in class to use, and I did exactly what I just said, and it's only easier now than it was then.