Cabulance?

FuManChu

Forum Crew Member
I know the name and company isn't too well headed, but I need a job. If I can't get an EMT job then I'll be left to getting a job outside of the medical arena, probably retail or fast food industry. I'd rather get a job as an EMT and get some sort of experience.

Just looking for more info on the company is all.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If you need a job you need a job. There's no harm in interviewing and working there, finding out it isn't somewhere you want to work and looking for somewhere else. At least you're employed at that point which not everyone can say in this country right now. Plus you said it yourself, many companies want or require experience...why not jump on an opportunity to start moving towards working for the ones you're really looking to work for?

Good luck!

tonic

Forum Ride Along
There is another company in the bay area called United Ambulance or United Plus based out of Foster City. If you are really desperate you can get a job there in an instant. Literally you have to be either retarded or like 4 feet tall to not get a job there. They do have 3 ambulances but are only operated by the more experienced crews. A lot of people get 4 or 5 months of experience then go to better companies like AMR or R/M. The company has a crazy turn-over rate because young and new EMT's join the company with the hopes of being on the ambulance, but they end up doing wheelchair calls in their many wheelchair vans. It's not a good company to work for (for several reasons), but if you're desperate you can get a job there and get some experience.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
FWIW, there's also a cabulance in western MA (Pittsfield), mainly chair-car services, which ran an ambulance for a few years (closing 3 years ago), under a different name, same dispatch center...