CA Grey Card? Please Help!

Kev327

Forum Ride Along
Ok so Im NREMT certified, I applied via Orange County submitted a live scan and all the other documents and paid $200. Within 2 days they said i had been approved, I have a printable Orange County EMT Basic cert card with a E # on it, with "Status: CA EMT Active/Issued". However there is not License # on the card. Do I have to apply somewhere else to get my CA state License grey card with a license # on it? Or is that included in the county application and i just have to wait for it to come in the mail? If i have to apply via somewhere else please provide a link with instructions because the CA EMSA website makes it seem like you just do everything via your local county EMS office. Thanks for any help!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
For the EMT level the entire process is done through your LEMSA, which would be OC for you.

The state still sends you a hard copy of your card or the LEMSA was able to print one for you.

You can look here to see if you are in the state database: https://emsverification.emsa.ca.gov/Verification/

OP
OP
K

Kev327

Forum Ride Along

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
So is the E# on the Orange County card my License number?

The county issues a local accreditation, the state issues the license. However when you apply for your EMT license at the county they do it all for you. You will get your gray card in the mail.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So is the E# on the Orange County card my License number?
It could be or it may not be.
Did you search for your name on the state data base? If your name comes up on the website and gives you a number then that is your state number.

OP
OP
K

Kev327

Forum Ride Along
The county issues a local accreditation, the state issues the license. However when you apply for your EMT license at the county they do it all for you. You will get your gray card in the mail.
Ok, so do I need to apply for the license separately via my LEMSA? Or did that process get started when I applied and got approved for my local accreditation?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ok, so do I need to apply for the license separately via my LEMSA? Or did that process get started when I applied and got approved for my local accreditation?
That process is already started/done.
You can’t get your county accreditation without having your state certification. You were likely approved for it already but have not received your card in the mail yet.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Ok then ill just stand by to stand by for my grey card in the mail.

It’s the state so it may be awhile. Just to reiterate Desertmedic’s post you can check your status with the state through the provided link in his post.

OP
OP
K

Kev327

Forum Ride Along
It’s the state so it may be awhile. Just to reiterate Desertmedic’s post you can check your status with the state through the provided link in his post.
Yea i figured it would take a while if that was the case i just dont wanna have waited and then turned out i had to apply for something else and then wait again. And i saw the link but i cant check myself because i don't have a license # to put in, unless that's supposed to be filled up using my OC Cert E#

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yea i figured it would take a while if that was the case i just dont wanna have waited and then turned out i had to apply for something else and then wait again. And i saw the link but i cant check myself because i don't have a license # to put in, unless that's supposed to be filled up using my OC Cert E#
You don’t have to type in a number. You can literally hit the search button without typing in any information and be able to view everyone’s license number who has ever been certified in CA.

Just type in your last name and click search.