CA DMV delaying my ambulance license

galadriel

Forum Probie
Hi there. I'm a 47 year old mom/wife who graduated in May of this year from Baldy View ROP EMT program, in Ontario, CA. Ever since, I've been filling out forms, getting live scans, paying app fees, and collecting documents! I'm licensed for Inland Counties, have my LA County expanded scope of practice, NREMT cert, and have passed all three FEMA Incident Command System tests. I have my temporary ambulance driver's license; passed the written test without too much difficulty. Here's the thing: after waiting six months for the license, DMV notified me to send more forms from my physicians okaying me for work/driving even though I take 2 medications for depression (effexor and aplenzin). I got my physicians to fill out the forms approving me for EMS work. Is it likely that I will have to resort to the final step: a hearing and an appeal? I have so loved the course and the learning and practice and so much want to work in the field...I hate to think I might be stopped before I even start!!!!!!!

JPINFV

Gadfly
A lot of companies in So Cal will hire people who can't drive, so start applying while waiting for the DMV cert.

slloth

Forum Crew Member
Im not clear on why the DMV is not giving you a certification. You showed them your green card (physicians clearance) and payed the fee, took the written test and passed the live scan. Thats all I did. I went in and got it all done in one day. Why are they not issuing your certificate?

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
That'll teach you to tell the truth on those forms.

slloth

Forum Crew Member
ok so it must have been a question on the dmv form. Like about meds or been hospitalized.

Shredster

Forum Ride Along
A lot of companies in So Cal will hire people who can't drive, so start applying while waiting for the DMV cert.

And you can work for event ems. Priority one is just a transport ambulance but they do hire non drivers.

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
The CA DMV LOST my paperwork twice!!!! It can take a while.