BTech: EMC

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Geeez, you know how I just started with my paramedic degree course? It's intense! We started off this weekend with a camp similar to boot camp, carrying manequins along railways 3am and stuff. Today I spoke to a 2nd year, and he told me only 3 ppl made it to his year. There's a LOT of repeats apparantly. were 17 ppl out of 600 applicants. I really don't know how many ppl will remain in 4th year. But it is still very interesting... I think I'd like to go work in a busy part of NY afterwards or something.

PS, and howmany ppl do you know going to University each day in White and Navy Uniform??? Farout

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
Dude thatz crazy!.. my medic program was at a community college and was very laid back. Physical fitness wasnt a part of our program..lol.. that was obvious :)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
ResTech said:
Dude thatz crazy!.. my medic program was at a community college and was very laid back. Physical fitness wasnt a part of our program..lol.. that was obvious :)

Same here, there was a guy in class that ate a dozen donuts every morning. :wacko:

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
That stuff is mostly for the complete Rescue training we do, not for the medical side. Although it does help.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
TTLWHKR said:
Same here, there was a guy in class that ate a dozen donuts every morning. :wacko:

Ditto. Hell the only reason I won't go thru the fire program is because I'm claustrophobic...and they make you go through that tube....ick!

halesyousay

Forum Ride Along
You guys in south africa have all kinds of radical things. Sounds neat. I used to work off-shore with a medic from south africa.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm still amazed the ambulances don't look like this....

prototype_bike.jpg

Wouldn't that be cool? You could set your own standards and protocols!

:eek: I should move to Kenya! :p

They could rename it... Alexland of the United Whacker Nations...

I would have minions...

:blush:

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
TTLWHKR said:

Well, there are a couple of seniors in my course that wants to establish an EMS in Ghana, Nigeria, and Angola and stuff.
They really don't have it. They know it, the have TV.

So the one to orchestrate it wherever they go, gets to design the training, infrastructure, and protocols. Plus if you put your heart in it, the financial rewards shouldn't be too badB) .

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
TTLWHKR said:
I'm still amazed the ambulances don't look like this....

prototype_bike.jpg

:eek: I should move to Kenya! :p

They could rename it... Alexland of the United Whacker Nations...

I would have minions...

:blush:
Sweet - Our bike team needs this!