Bringing certification to other state

MelissaM1995

Forum Ride Along
Hello,
I took my classes in MA and just took my written exam Friday, assuming that I pass and I become certified I am concerned about moving to another state.
I know that NREMT is a national certification but I am being faced with moving to Phoenix AZ very suddenly. I don't know how it works with having your card and moving to another state right away. Will I have to retake classes? Send in my application again? Or should I wait to send the NREMT my letter until I move out there? I just do not want to be caught in limbo while out there. I will be supported but I would like to get working as soon as possible.
Any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated !
Thank you

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
1. You have to pass the NREMT to get your national cert,
2. You have to get a state cert,
3. Some places require you to have a county cert/Scope of Practice.

Then you run a Google search on 'Phoenix EMS Office' and come up with this.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Get your NREMT and MA cert. Then if you end up moving to AZ, Google Arizona emt reciprocity. Will probably just have to fill out a form, and pay a fee. Then you will be sent your AZ cert.

States are different though, so do Arizona research. When I moved from MA to TX it was very simple.

OP
OP
MelissaM1995

MelissaM1995

Forum Ride Along
Get your NREMT and MA cert. Then if you end up moving to AZ, Google Arizona emt reciprocity. Will probably just have to fill out a form, and pay a fee. Then you will be sent your AZ cert.

States are different though, so do Arizona research. When I moved from MA to TX it was very simple.
Thank you so much. That makes me feel a lot more confident. Will do that