Breast implants, not guns to save your life

medic417

The Truth Provider

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Hmm. I'm curious as to where that happened. The report is from the Toronto Sun, but it specifically mentions she was airlifted by STARS in Alberta....

Nonetheless, I don't necessarily disagree with the airlift decision. They were dealing with gunshot wounds to the chest, and there was bound to be a significant amount of blood (and... what's the technical term for breast implant fluid?) in the area. It would have been hard to judge the extent of the injuries, and considering the MOI it was good to err on the side of caution.

That said, I doubt the implants saved her. If they hadn't been enhanced, maybe the breasts wouldn't have been in the path of the bullet in the first place. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
medic417

medic417

The Truth Provider
While erring on side of caution is nice in this case I think the deflation should have been a pretty could clue to use to make decision not to waste a flight. Basically this was a superficial wound.

I also agree that the plastic did not save the life in fact as you mentioned actually may have caused her to be injured more. Possibly if natural would have missed her entire chest.

OP
OP
medic417

medic417

The Truth Provider