Bowers/Pacific Ambulance - Orientation

2BFFSAR

Forum Probie
Just a quick thread about Bowers/Pacific's orientation coming up next week..

What usually goes on during orientation during each day? I guess any orientation experience from any company would give me an idea, but looking especially for Bowers/Pacific as theirs is 8-5pm next Mon-Thurs.

I'm asking because I may have to miss the last 2 of the 4 days because I'm flying out to New York to take a firefighter written exam (waited for this day since the summer). My supervisors said they would get back to me to see what we could do, but if nothing can be done, I'll have to reschedule my exam and most likely buy another plane ticket.

Also thought this might be of interest to a few new members on the forum who just got hired by Bowers/Pacific as well.

Thanks in advance!

Rolo47

Forum Probie
Definitely curious as well. Got hired last weekend so il be seeing you there I'm sure. From what the supervisor vaguely explained it's just training and what not on the equipment, patient paperwork and employment papers.

LHKJohn

Forum Probie
From what the supervisor vaguely explained it's just training and what not on the equipment, patient paperwork and employment papers.

Pretty much this. Paperwork, equipment training, policies and procedures, meet and greet with management.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
OP

2BFFSAR

Forum Probie
Pretty much this. Paperwork, equipment training, policies and procedures, meet and greet with management.

Sent from my DROID X2

Do you work for Bowers/Have you gone through their orientation?

Sounds to me like stuff I may be able to push into 2 days..

LHKJohn

Forum Probie
I think you have to make it to all the days. If not, I've heard of guys having to wait til the next hiring class to start since they didn't finish orientation.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
OP

2BFFSAR

Forum Probie
Don't want to wait for the next class.. O_O my chances seem slim..

Hey Rolo, I see youre in simi valley. You didnt choose to work the North Hollywood station did you? If you did, what are your shifts?

Rolo47

Forum Probie
Don't want to wait for the next class.. O_O my chances seem slim..

Hey Rolo, I see youre in simi valley. You didnt choose to work the North Hollywood station did you? If you did, what are your shifts?

I actually took the tarzana day shift...from what I remmeber its from 10 to 8. Almost picked the north Hollywood but tarzana was closer Hah

OP
OP

2BFFSAR

Forum Probie
O haha, very cool. I'm sure I'll see you around nevertheless. I'm wed-sat 8-8 at noho.

By the way, they've just told me they will catch me up on the last two days after I get back, so off to NY on wed I go! I am very thankful right now..

Rolo47

Forum Probie
O haha, very cool. I'm sure I'll see you around nevertheless. I'm wed-sat 8-8 at noho.

By the way, they've just told me they will catch me up on the last two days after I get back, so off to NY on wed I go! I am very thankful right now..

Forsure. That's awesome though man! Glad it could all work out!

Chan

Forum Crew Member
Hey I got hired with Pacific and will be at orientation on Monday as well. OC Division.

bam

Forum Ride Along
I got hired this round too! However I didn't get to pick the station or times that I was going to work. Did you guys pick it on the day you signed the job offer??

regardless, see you guys next week!

Rolo47

Forum Probie
I got hired this round too! However I didn't get to pick the station or times that I was going to work. Did you guys pick it on the day you signed the job offer??

regardless, see you guys next week!

I was given a list of shifts to pick from when i was hired. I know where having shift bids in mid june so thats probably when theyl have you pick yours. Are you LA or OC

bam

Forum Ride Along
I was given a list of shifts to pick from when i was hired. I know where having shift bids in mid june so thats probably when theyl have you pick yours. Are you LA or OC

Oh alright, sounds good. I'm LA.