Book - "The Missing Protocol"

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Sorry this is a repeat thread but I can't find the original thread referencing it. Someone brought up a book called The Missing Protocol, it's a textbook and companion to a course about documentation and the legality of it all. Does anyone know where you can purchase a copy of the book? I've looked on Amazon and the website given: http://www.themissingprotocol.com/site/textbook.htm and the site to order it is down and amazon says it's no longer in print.

Does anyone have a copy they would sell me or have any recommendations on where to find it? I've tried emailing the author/publisher but I haven't heard anything back.

Again apologize for the repeat post, but I couldn't figure out where I read about it at.

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
local library?

worldcat.org

Just type in your zip and it will provide additional hits (if any)

alphatrauma

Forum Captain

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
I attended "The Missing Protocol" seminar put on by Denise Graham and have to say it was a through and to the point program on documentation. We did a mock trial using a PCR written by another attendee and used the report as the defense to a negligence claim. It was a cool program.

I don't have the textbook though.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I sent and email off the Denise. I'll let you guys know what the reply, if any, is.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I attended "The Missing Protocol" seminar put on by Denise Graham and have to say it was a through and to the point program on documentation. We did a mock trial using a PCR written by another attendee and used the report as the defense to a negligence claim. It was a cool program.

I don't have the textbook though.
Though it is a shame that PCR's have to be written "defensively"... from what I've seen, the concepts behind this seem to be very solid. I've never had a chance to attend a seminar nor purchase the book, but I've read a couple articles that describe the basics... and it's in line with stuff I'd been taught via a different program in College. Remember, negligence (for instance) requires several elements to prove... break any of those elements... (preferably more than one) and any negligence claim goes down the toilet. Proper documentation is key... because 7 years from now (or when the patient turns 25) do you think you're going to recall the details of a particular patient? I'm sure that there's more, but it's that type of stuff that is very important. Most importantly: NEVER LIE ON YOUR WRITTEN REPORTS. You do and it can bite your backside way too hard...