Bonnaroo- Manchester,TN

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
Hey All,
Its been a long time since I have been in and posted, time just gets away from you when all you do is work!
I was wondering if anyone worked the Bonnaroo music (drug) fest in Manchester, TN. I did and what a wild time. I saw things that I had only heard of and somethings that I had never heard of, it was awsome . I am curious to see if any of you were there and maybe we met and didn't know it. <_<

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by kyleybug@Jun 22 2005, 06:57 AM
Hey All,
Its been a long time since I have been in and posted, time just gets away from you when all you do is work!
I was wondering if anyone worked the Bonnaroo music (drug) fest in Manchester, TN. I did and what a wild time. I saw things that I had only heard of and somethings that I had never heard of, it was awsome . I am curious to see if any of you were there and maybe we met and didn't know it. <_<
I wanna go.

OP
OP
K

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
It was a trip I will never forget :p It still amazes me at how many different drugs a person can do at one time and still live to tell about it. Those people were absolutely INSANE :blink:

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Jun 22 2005, 01:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Jun 22 2005, 01:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kyleybug@Jun 22 2005, 06:57 AM
Hey All,
I wanna go. [/b][/quote]
me too

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by PArescueEMT+Jun 23 2005, 06:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PArescueEMT @ Jun 23 2005, 06:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Jun 22 2005, 01:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kyleybug
@Jun 22 2005, 06:57 AM
Hey All,

I wanna go.
me too [/b][/quote]
There was one like that in the tiny town I grew up in. It was called a folk festival, yet we all knew it was just an excuse for hippies to use the latest and greatest drugs. They would find dead bodies for weeks in the lake, streams, and forests surrounding the private land it was held on. The first year 13 people died, it grew more and more after that until the State Police pulled in and arrested like 200 people. They never held it again, but every now and then a hunter will find bones in the woods. There are six people missing after the last one, and two from years before. They tried doing grid searches for them in 2000; but all they found were old meth labs and about 2 acres of Marijuana growing. :blink:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Jun 23 2005, 06:00 PM
are you taling about the one in schwenksville?
Nope. I grew up on my grandparents farm in Shunk (at least in the summer).

It's not even on a map. :eek:

But it was a great little town.

Shunk

I searched for it and found a website (ya gotta love google)!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
shunk_at_night-s.jpg

I still have a post card like this, mainly for the tourists that thought it was just a hick *** town.

They had a general store and a lumber mill; and the fire truck could be towed by tractor to a fire, but the engine didn't run. So they had a portable pump hooked up somehow. . Woo Hoo!

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
so you are out by where i hunt... i use game land 134 during small game season... how far from mansfield are you?

OP
OP
K

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Jun 23 2005, 12:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Jun 23 2005, 12:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Jun 23 2005, 06:50 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-kyleybug
Hey All,

I wanna go.

me too
There was one like that in the tiny town I grew up in. It was called a folk festival, yet we all knew it was just an excuse for hippies to use the latest and greatest drugs. They would find dead bodies for weeks in the lake, streams, and forests surrounding the private land it was held on. The first year 13 people died, it grew more and more after that until the State Police pulled in and arrested like 200 people. They never held it again, but every now and then a hunter will find bones in the woods. There are six people missing after the last one, and two from years before. They tried doing grid searches for them in 2000; but all they found were old meth labs and about 2 acres of Marijuana growing. :blink: [/b][/quote]
We only lost one and that was due to drugs and sleep apnea. It was very surprising that more weren't lost. We had a couple of close calls but we were able to intubate and transport them. We treated most of our pt's there at the tents, it really made me feel like we were in a "Mash" episode because our tents were really emergency rooms, we had Doc's and us and we treated all we could in hopes of not sending them out, they didn't want anyone getting into trouble for the drugs. Bonnaroo had it's own security but the police were not a part of the event, they were parked outside the festival doing traffic control but they were never actually on the other side of the gates, I took a bunch of drugs away which I turned over to security, I was invited to a party that security was having( I didn't go, I kind of figured what the party favors might be) I now know what "shrooms" look like and ewwwww.........how could someone eat those things?!?!?!?!? :blink: All in all it was a great experience as far as the learning end of it, I saw things I had only heard of and did things I have only dreamed of(as far as pt care!) it was a trip to say the least. I will go again next year but I will have a hotel room next year, I am NOT a camper person!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by kyleybug+Jun 25 2005, 09:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kyleybug @ Jun 25 2005, 09:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Jun 23 2005, 12:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kyleybug
Hey All,

I wanna go.

me too

There was one like that in the tiny town I grew up in. It was called a folk festival, yet we all knew it was just an excuse for hippies to use the latest and greatest drugs. They would find dead bodies for weeks in the lake, streams, and forests surrounding the private land it was held on. The first year 13 people died, it grew more and more after that until the State Police pulled in and arrested like 200 people. They never held it again, but every now and then a hunter will find bones in the woods. There are six people missing after the last one, and two from years before. They tried doing grid searches for them in 2000; but all they found were old meth labs and about 2 acres of Marijuana growing. :blink:
We only lost one and that was due to drugs and sleep apnea. It was very surprising that more weren't lost. We had a couple of close calls but we were able to intubate and transport them. We treated most of our pt's there at the tents, it really made me feel like we were in a "Mash" episode because our tents were really emergency rooms, we had Doc's and us and we treated all we could in hopes of not sending them out, they didn't want anyone getting into trouble for the drugs. Bonnaroo had it's own security but the police were not a part of the event, they were parked outside the festival doing traffic control but they were never actually on the other side of the gates, I took a bunch of drugs away which I turned over to security, I was invited to a party that security was having( I didn't go, I kind of figured what the party favors might be) I now know what "shrooms" look like and ewwwww.........how could someone eat those things?!?!?!?!? :blink: All in all it was a great experience as far as the learning end of it, I saw things I had only heard of and did things I have only dreamed of(as far as pt care!) it was a trip to say the least. I will go again next year but I will have a hotel room next year, I am NOT a camper person! [/b][/quote]
I've heard of these things.... they sound cool.

So you were doing Event Medicine?

I'm going through the hiring process to work Events for one of the big event medical services here in PA.

Alex.... so, how did the Staties seize 2 acres of Hemp???? Just burn it, or did they have to dig it all up???

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by kyleybug@Jun 25 2005, 09:02 AM
I now know what "shrooms" look like

I saw things I had only heard of and did things I have only dreamed of

it was a trip to say the least.
umm... wow... too easy :blink:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Jun 24 2005, 11:42 PM
so you are out by where i hunt... i use game land 134 during small game season... how far from mansfield are you?
I live west of Wellsboro on US 6; near the PA Grand Canyon.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Jun 25 2005, 10:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Jun 25 2005, 10:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by kyleybug@Jun 25 2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Jun 23 2005, 12:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kyleybug
Hey All,

I wanna go.

me too

We only lost one and that was due to drugs and sleep apnea. It was very surprising that more weren't lost. We had a couple of close calls but we were able to intubate and transport them. We treated most of our pt's there at the tents, it really made me feel like we were in a "Mash" episode because our tents were really emergency rooms, we had Doc's and us and we treated all we could in hopes of not sending them out, they didn't want anyone getting into trouble for the drugs. Bonnaroo had it's own security but the police were not a part of the event, they were parked outside the festival doing traffic control but they were never actually on the other side of the gates, I took a bunch of drugs away which I turned over to security, I was invited to a party that security was having( I didn't go, I kind of figured what the party favors might be) I now know what "shrooms" look like and ewwwww.........how could someone eat those things?!?!?!?!? :blink: All in all it was a great experience as far as the learning end of it, I saw things I had only heard of and did things I have only dreamed of(as far as pt care!) it was a trip to say the least. I will go again next year but I will have a hotel room next year, I am NOT a camper person!
I've heard of these things.... they sound cool.

I'm going through the hiring process to work Events for one of the big event medical services here in PA.

Alex.... so, how did the Staties seize 2 acres of Hemp???? Just burn it, or did they have to dig it all up??? [/b][/quote]
The cut it down and burn it... But you can always go pick up the leaves that are left over.

or so I heard. :ph34r:

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Jun 25 2005, 12:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Jun 25 2005, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PArescueEMT@Jun 24 2005, 11:42 PM
I live west of Wellsboro on US 6; near the PA Grand Canyon. [/b][/quote]
i love it up there... i hunt right by 6 and 15. the center of town.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by PArescueEMT+Jun 25 2005, 11:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PArescueEMT @ Jun 25 2005, 11:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Jun 25 2005, 12:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-PArescueEMT
@Jun 24 2005, 11:42 PM

i love it up there... i hunt right by 6 and 15. the center of town. [/b][/quote]
It's infested with flatlanders, they're everywhere. The fire whistle blows about every two hours for an MVA cause by the vacationers.

:( I wanna go. < cry >

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Jun 25 2005, 01:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Jun 25 2005, 01:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Jun 25 2005, 11:16 AM

It's infested with flatlanders, they're everywhere. The fire whistle blows about every two hours for an MVA cause by the vacationers.

:( I wanna go. < cry > [/b][/quote]
to the fie call? i am actually about 25 mins form there, but it's still the closest landmark, sporting goods store, and gas station to us :blink:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by PArescueEMT+Jun 25 2005, 01:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PArescueEMT @ Jun 25 2005, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Jun 25 2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Jun 25 2005, 11:16 AM

:( I wanna go. < cry >
to the fie call? i am actually about 25 mins form there, but it's still the closest landmark, sporting goods store, and gas station to us :blink: [/b][/quote]
NOOOO.. To the accidents.

TRAUMA!

< twinkle in eyes >

B)

OP
OP
K

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Jun 25 2005, 10:30 AM

Is the company National Events Services? If it is let me know we need to talk.......

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by kyleybug+Jun 27 2005, 11:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kyleybug @ Jun 27 2005, 11:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Jun 25 2005, 10:30 AM

Is the company National Events Services? If it is let me know we need to talk....... [/b][/quote]
Are you with NES???? I almost want to get in there...

No... as of now, I'm AMR. <Gasp> :rolleyes: