BLS Drug Profiles for Android

OP
OP
Burlyskink

Burlyskink

Forum Lieutenant
Ok, I uploaded it... Do you mind letting me know if my update worked?

OP
OP
Burlyskink

Burlyskink

Forum Lieutenant
looks good..thank you very much

Awesome, and thank you... I am glad you caught that in its infancy, if you see anything else or would like to suggest anything don't be afraid to let loose B)

piranah

Forum Captain
maybe a dopamine clock, lido clock ...and i know the next one is complicated but a med calculator..maybe a separate app...i would pay without a doubt..

OP
OP
Burlyskink

Burlyskink

Forum Lieutenant
maybe a dopamine clock, lido clock ...and i know the next one is complicated but a med calculator..maybe a separate app...i would pay without a doubt..

ok, yea others have suggested a few of those. I plan to put them into the EMS Tools app but I still have to look into and learn about them

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Sounds AWESOME. I love my iPhone, though... any chance we'll see an iPhone variant?

OP
OP
Burlyskink

Burlyskink

Forum Lieutenant
Sounds AWESOME. I love my iPhone, though... any chance we'll see an iPhone variant?

Well I would code for the Iphone but there are a few problems, I don't have an itouch/iphone, im only 17 and unemployed so I can't buy one, I am not sure which language the iphone uses, and im not sure but I think it costs money to code for the iphone. It may be possible for me to code for the iphone(and I would like to, "A ton more customers") I just don't see it happening anytime soon :sad:

Simusid

Forum Captain
Well I would code for the Iphone but there are a few problems, I don't have an itouch/iphone, im only 17 and unemployed so I can't buy one, I am not sure which language the iphone uses, and im not sure but I think it costs money to code for the iphone. It may be possible for me to code for the iphone(and I would like to, "A ton more customers") I just don't see it happening anytime soon :sad:

iPhone apps are written in Objective-C. You write the apps using the free XCode development tools and iPhone SDK. To put apps on the app store you must pay $100 annually. All development must be done on a Mac (ignoring "hackintosh" ). I agree with your comment that the iPhone has "a ton more customers" but I would add "... at the moment". I just bought a Droid myself because I see the Android bandwagon filling up a lot faster than the iPhone did!!

Can't go wrong with either one really.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Mildly off-topic - but is there any way to put an app on an iPod / iPhone if it isn't in the app store?

OP
OP
Burlyskink

Burlyskink

Forum Lieutenant
Mildly off-topic - but is there any way to put an app on an iPod / iPhone if it isn't in the app store?

Yes, if you Jailbreak it. Unfortunately I can't provide you with info because I do not much about it. However a ton of info/guides can be found if you search google for "How to Jailbreak an iPhone" or "Benefits of jail breaking an iPhone"

Hockey

Quackers
Sorry to bump this but I will be getting the Droid this week finally. Is the ALS Drug Profiles the only app out there you have for this? Also, does it cost anything? What all is included in this app? (Calculations etc?)

OP
OP
Burlyskink

Burlyskink

Forum Lieutenant
Sorry to bump this but I will be getting the Droid this week finally. Is the ALS Drug Profiles the only app out there you have for this? Also, does it cost anything? What all is included in this app? (Calculations etc?)
Haha, don't be sorry it helps me. Yea, I only have to right now the BLS version and the ALS Version. The ALS one cost one dollar and the BLS is free. The only things these two apps contain are the drug profiles. For calculations I am working on another app, it contains many things and is called EMS Tools. This app however, is no where near being done(High School/College, Teenage social life, etc. are slowing it down). I will post here when it is released though.

FreezerStL

Forum Crew Member
I really like the als app.

I'd also suggest looking at these apps for android:
Epocrates and iMeds. Both very useful

emtchick171

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone or has anyone created this software for blackberry os?:excl:

I've not seen it for blackberry but there is a great drug info app you can download for blackberry (i have it on mine) and i use it all the time when a PT says they take a certain medication that i've never heard of...it's called Epocrates. If you haven't seen it before you should take a look at it...I find it rather helpful.

NYEMT2601

Forum Ride Along
I did download that, but the amount of size it soaks up on my blackberry is terrible. I did email the creater of the app to see if he would consider making it for blackberry platform.

emtchick171

Forum Lieutenant
I did download that, but the amount of size it soaks up on my blackberry is terrible. I did email the creater of the app to see if he would consider making it for blackberry platform.

What kind of blackberry do you have and on what network? I have the tour with verizon..prior I had the curve with verizon as well...Epocrates did slow down my curve some, but it hasn't had an effect on my tour. **knock on wood**

It would be great if they would make it for the blackberry! I'd love to have it.