Results are in!!

Attachments

• 4364A1D4-E9A8-44F5-B39E-E0C70AC65396.jpeg
    4364A1D4-E9A8-44F5-B39E-E0C70AC65396.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 121

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Congrats!

I know work has been busy lately and I have no idea what day it is, but I know it's not October lol

No results here yet

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I passed as well. :) Title of the e-mail said "ElectronicScoreRepo." so I wouldn't had known it was the IBSC CCP-C result without knowing to look for it. On IBSC website, it does not reflect CCP-C yet. Still just says I am approved for the test. Can't remember how quickly FP-C was, if it immediate or within days. Edit: Looking at my older FP-C e-mail, it was titled the same way, ElectronicScoreRepo.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I passed as well. :) Title of the e-mail said "ElectronicScoreRepo." so I wouldn't had known it was the IBSC CCP-C result without knowing to look for it. On IBSC website, it does not reflect CCP-C yet. Still just says I am approved for the test. Can't remember how quickly FP-C was, if it immediate or within days. Edit: Looking at my older FP-C e-mail, it was titled the same way, ElectronicScoreRepo.
Thanks, I deleted that earlier. Lol

Pass

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I never did order new name tags once I passed FP-C. I've been holding off for these results but I still don't know if I want to add it.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I never did order new name tags once I passed FP-C. I've been holding off for these results but I still don't know if I want to add it.
I felt like since FP-C was required within a year, everyone should eventually have it, so it is silly to add to my name tag. I got FP-C before hire so they could've added it then. Ultimately, nobody looks at or cares about name tag. Just seems kinda braggy and cringe.

Last edited:

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I felt like since FP-C was required within a year, everyone should eventually have it, so it is silly to add to my name tag. I got FP-C before hire so they could've added it then. Ultimately, nobody looks at or cares about name tag. Just seems kinda braggy and cringe.
You've joined a group (that by best estimates is less than 900 worldwide) of being dual board certified FP-C and CCP-C. Brag all you want.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
You've joined a group (that by best estimates is less than 900 worldwide) of being dual board certified FP-C and CCP-C. Brag all you want.
Is it still under a thousand? I saw that number too on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certified_Flight_Paramedic#Statistics), but I figured it was old news since it was back in 2019. I would imagine with this beta test, there would be over a thousand of us that are dual certified. That's what I was guessing. Even here, several of us are now dual certified. Of course, EMTLife has always been the best of the best, haha. I need to put "member of EMTLife" on my resume the next time I apply for a job.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Is it still under a thousand? I saw that number too on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certified_Flight_Paramedic#Statistics), but I figured it was old news since it was back in 2019. I would imagine with this beta test, there would be over a thousand of us that are dual certified. That's what I was guessing. Even here, several of us are now dual certified. Of course, EMTLife has always been the best of the best, haha. I need to put "member of EMTLife" on my resume the next time I apply for a job.

I really don't know, just guessing. Still a pretty awesome accomplishment for the ole ego.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I really don't know, just guessing. Still a pretty awesome accomplishment for the ole ego.
I'm surprised the pass rate is as low as it is. It was by no means a super easy test, but it wasn't what I expected either. I thought I'd be getting way more advanced monitoring value questions and stuff of that nature than I did.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm surprised the pass rate is as low as it is. It was by no means a super easy test, but it wasn't what I expected either. I thought I'd be getting way more advanced monitoring value questions and stuff of that nature than I did.
I wish I had a comparison to the old test, I feel like it was probably dumbed down a bit because of the poor first time pass rate.

This thread is by no means an indication because I would say anyone that frequently visits this forum are likely above average in knowledge level, but so far we do have a 100% pass rate.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I wish I had a comparison to the old test, I feel like it was probably dumbed down a bit because of the poor first time pass rate.

This thread is by no means an indication because I would say anyone that frequently visits this forum are likely above average in knowledge level, but so far we do have a 100% pass rate.
The only other exam I've taken was the University of Florida, I have no reference for previous FP/CCP exam difficulty. I'm curious what it will be for the beta exam.

Having a general sense of who took it based on conversations over the years, I can't say I'm surprised. I was a bit worried myself though. I don't get to do that type of stuff very frequently anymore and some things like balloon pumps and advanced monitoring beyond arterial lines we just never did.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I thought this CCP-C beta exam was significantly easier than the FP-C test I took like 5 months ago.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I wonder when they are gonna give me my CCP-C number. Still says my test is approved on their website.