Beta CCP-C Test

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I felt like epidural vs subdural bleed is super easy to tell. I thought SAH would've been easy with just look for circle of Willis, but the example I posted above doesn't show that.

For the hemodynamic monitoring thing, what eventually made sense to me was more of the IA Med way of teaching where you have to picture where the blockage/failure is at. In their videos, I felt like it wasn't very helpful and didn't make sense. I started coming up with crazy ways to brute force memorize it for the FP-C and then it kinda clicked when I saw the pattern, haha. I was like oh... that's what they meant. So now I just write it out in the order it goes through the heart, CVP --> RV --> PA --> PCWP --> SVR and I am good to go. In the two months I've been working flight, I have yet to utilize this knowledge, haha. The hospitals around here do use IABP still, I heard we get those type of calls every once in awhile and do drills on them. When I was an EMT on a CCT unit, we did those calls every once in awhile and those patients would have a swan/pulmonary artery catheter usually, but I only knew what it was and not much more, when I was an EMT. Sounds like swan are outta style and IABP is being switched out with Impella, which I got some online training for. P2 and fluids, lol. No wedging/PCWP either. They say the PA diastolic is the same or similar to wedge so use that instead. *shrug* Crazy to go from ALS ground paramedic to having to learn all this. Sucks to study so much of it and not really have the experience with it, see it, touch it, and just know it for the testing environment or a bunch of online videos.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I always remember PA values by looking at the CVP, SVR.

I know that right heart failure is the only time the CVP and wedge pressure move in the same direction.

Beyond that I only have to look at the CVP and SVR, and context clues in the question.

Since high SVR is vasoconstriction and low is vasodilation, and I already know what the vessels do in each condition, now I'm really only looking at the CVP.

T1medic

Forum Crew Member
Got authorization to test and scheduled. Seems there’s been an issue with everyone with the initial eligibility ID provided with prometric and requires contacting the woman at the IBSC to get a working one.

Scott33

Forum Asst. Chief
I had the same registration issues as others here. The fix was painless simply by e-mailing the Registration Coordinator, and getting a new number. I'm now scheduled for the 27th, so I'm eager to see what has changed since getting my first certification - one which had a double-digit cert #.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I'm part of a Facebook group called Future Flight Crew. Somebody was just asking about hemodynamic monitoring and somebody shared a website called https://abg.ninja/#medical. I played around with the hemodynamic monitoring quiz, ABG quiz, arrhythmia quiz, and STEMI quiz. I liked the hemodynamic monitoring and ABG quizzes. I actually learned something knew that I don't think FlightBridgeED or IA Med taught. I didn't know PAP and PVR goes up in anaphylaxis. I just lumped it with distributive shock, but I guess those values are what separates it from other types of shock. I'm still taking online TPATC. I feel like TPATC would've been really good to take before FP-C, lol. I am not done yet. There is a whole section on radiology I think that I hope will help me more. I think I am going to bomb the CAMTS stuff though. I really don't know the non flight CAMTS stuff I feel like. Probably brush up on medical before the test as well.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I take the test tomorrow! 2:15 PM pacific time.

@StCEMT I posted a link to like hemodynamic practicing above.. https://abg.ninja/#medical I kinda feel like hemodynamics are not that bad once you figure them out, but I learned to distinguish distributive and anaphylaxis using PVR. I feel mostly good with them. I like the FlightBridgeED 1, 2, 3, ... method with neonates 1 = truncus arteriosus, 2 = transposition of the great arteries, 3 = hypoplastic left heart syndrome or tricuspid atresia, 4 = tetralogy of Fallot, etc..

Last edited:

T1medic

Forum Crew Member
Took my proctored exam today and I don’t feel like the test was “that bad” but definitely had to think on some. It’s been a handful of years since I took the FP-C And have never taken the CCP-C. I wouldn’t say this was harder or easier, just different. Flightbridge prep tests seemed to aligns somewhat more compared to IAMed.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
On my way to the test. I'll report in after I take it. Fingers crossed. I studied, but not as much as I did for FP-C. :s I was breathing FP-C when I took it, lol, and still felt clueless.

T1medic

Forum Crew Member
On my way to the test. I'll report in after I take it. Fingers crossed. I studied, but not as much as I did for FP-C. :s I was breathing FP-C when I took it, lol, and still felt clueless.
Good luck. The wait till October is gonna be brutal.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
The message at the end of the test still said October 1st. If it is September 10th, I'll be thrilled.

This test honestly felt easier than FP-C, but I also took FP-C with no experience either. Maybe I could be learning things the wrong, but I felt good about a lot of questions. Kinda seemed more like an ALS test sprinkled with CCT questions. Seemed easier to me.

Did it always just have 3 options for answers instead of 4? I always had just 3 options. :s Even if you're unsure, the odds are better than guessing out of 4.

I got a COVID 19 question! Lol!

Last edited:

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Could be a typo on their part but this was the last post from them on the topic.
Screenshot_20210722-182438_Facebook.jpg

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I just checked my e-mail. It sent me a post test thing saying delated until October 1st.

I hate that I gotta wait so I hope September 10th instead. The test did feel easy to me, easier than FP-C (passed it in March of this year) when I took it, so I am hopeful I passed it as well.

Attachments

• posttest.png
    posttest.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 113

Scott33

Forum Asst. Chief
I just got back from testing and thought I would share a few thoughts while they are still fresh (no giveaways of course). The obvious disclaimer being that my question bank may differ significantly from others.

This exam was a big improvement from when I first took it in 2010. Challenging enough, without trying to be something that it's not (the FP-C). Lots of questions on the complex medical patient, particularly the adult respiratory patient. A few CAMTS questions, but nothing that you couldn't wing by applying common sense if you haven't read up on the material. I had no drug dose calc questions, but did have one on COVID, and even one on the Kreb's Cycle. Lots of imaging (x-ray / CT) questions, a handful of labs and ABGs, and several on vent strategies. No "select all that apply" either.

I would say that whereas the previous version of the CCP-C may have had a bias towards ground critical care transport, the new format is exclusively geared towards it. I said before that the previous CCP-C and FP-C had many of the same questions, word-for-word. The exam I took today was completely new and very refreshing.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I just got back from testing and thought I would share a few thoughts while they are still fresh (no giveaways of course). The obvious disclaimer being that my question bank may differ significantly from others.

This exam was a big improvement from when I first took it in 2010. Challenging enough, without trying to be something that it's not (the FP-C). Lots of questions on the complex medical patient, particularly the adult respiratory patient. A few CAMTS questions, but nothing that you couldn't wing by applying common sense if you haven't read up on the material. I had no drug dose calc questions, but did have one on COVID, and even one on the Kreb's Cycle. Lots of imaging (x-ray / CT) questions, a handful of labs and ABGs, and several on vent strategies. No "select all that apply" either.

I would say that whereas the previous version of the CCP-C may have had a bias towards ground critical care transport, the new format is exclusively geared towards it. I said before that the previous CCP-C and FP-C had many of the same questions, word-for-word. The exam I took today was completely new and very refreshing.
Hey, I got a COVID question too! I thought I posted it here, but I think I actually just posted it on Facebook only. I wish I got ABG questions. I don't think I got any!

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I have my test in the morning. I've been so busy at work and at home, that I haven't looked at any material. Hopefully I retained something from FP-C.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Let us know how you feel. I feel like they made the test easier. Felt easier than FP-C. inb4 I fail it. Definitely questions I got wrong, but it is 135 questions so... I should be OK? :[ I learned some stuff from the test because it ask questions that I was like "I never thought about that before".

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Done. I can tell I had been away from the material for a while. Some things I had to think about, some things I just didn't know, and had never encountered.

I can tell we have all had a similar test design, if not the same questions.

I may eat these words later when I get my results, but I feel like a semi experienced NREMT medic could squeeze by with a pass without much studying.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
That would be very interesting if we all the same questions?! Did we all get one COVID 19 question?