Best Work Boots?

m0nster986

B.S, Paramedic, FF
The Thorogood Hellfire are fire resistant and the Corcaron Field Boots are light and comfortable.

kal0220

Forum Probie
I've been wearing the Wild Boar boots from Duluth Trading. At $80-$90 the price isn't bad and they've been comfy to me. The price isn't too bad either. I've had my pair for over a year now and they've held up great!

ILemt

Forum Lieutenant
I wear belleville's. Same brand and model I was given by the Air Force back in 2003. Have bought 2 or three new treads since. Love 'em.

Rick Tresnak

Forum Crew Member
Hi all,

I'm a new EMT just wanting to know what are the best (and most comfortable) shoes to work in based on your experiences? I don't mind spending a few extra dollars if it means they'll be comfortable, long lasting and reliable. Any feedback is appreciated.

I have worn Rocky Boots they are comfortable and hold up ok, 5.11 buys from the cheapest manufacturer at any given time so quality varies, Original Swat ONLY Makes Footwear and have been doing it for a long time. So I guess that is my answer. Now I am looking at getting a pair of Under Armour Boots just because I like the brand. They have a Boot called the Alegent I am eye balling currently.

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
My company issued me Original Swat metro air 5" boots with side zip and safety toe, and I have to say they are extremely comfortable. Like sneaker comfortable.
I live my red wings but given how light weight and comfy these new boots are they will be my go to for shifts.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Magnum side zip. Just bought my 4th pair today. I get 1.5-2 years our of a pair. Most comfortable boot I have ever worn.