Bellflower Hospital, Bellflower CA - ER Closure

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
So apparently, Bellflower hospital in Bellflower CA, has had their ER closed by DHS. Anybody know any details why?

Good riddance, 'ol friend. ^_^

I've been mistreated by staff there so many times..<_< But more importantly, I've seen many patients (not just mine), mistreated there. I knew this would happen eventually. But not so soon.

If I could, I would have a celebration party, and invite each and every one of you.:beerchug:

MrJones

Iconoclast
From the 4/3/13 LA Daily News

The 142-bed Bellflower Medical Center, along with medical facilities in Hawthorne and Los Angeles, will be closed by Pacific Health Corp. in the wake of federal and state fines for fraud and labor violations.

The company last week announced the closure of Anaheim General Hospital, and on Wednesday said the Bellflower center and Los Angeles Metropolitan Medical Center's L.A. and Hawthorne campuses, which have a combined 212 beds, would also shutter.

ETA:

A health care corporation is closing four Southern California emergency rooms in part because of heavy legal costs related to federal prosecutors' allegations that the hospitals recruited homeless people and wrongly charged Medicare and Medi-Cal for care.

Pacific Health Corp. had just last week announced it would close Anaheim General Hospital after receiving a $7 million fine from the state last month for failing to properly pay employees.

On Tuesday, the company announced the closure of Bellflower Medical Center, Newport Specialty Hospital and Los Angeles Metropolitan Medical Center's West Adams and Hawthorne campuses.

source

Last edited by a moderator:

MunchkinMedic

Forum Crew Member
It's not just bellflower med center that's getting closed. It's anaheim general, Newport specialty, and LA metro (LA and Hawthorne campuses). It was originally just Anaheim General, but the corporation that owns all of them decided to go ahead and close all emergency rooms as of yesterday and progressively close all hospitals once placement is found for all the patients. If I remember correctly, a lot of this was financially motivated with employee checks bouncing and the such due to a loss of Medicare/medical funding!

Sorry for the errors-I'm on my phone & it's still early!

OP
OP
I

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
It's not just bellflower med center that's getting closed. It's anaheim general, Newport specialty, and LA metro (LA and Hawthorne campuses). It was originally just Anaheim General, but the corporation that owns all of them decided to go ahead and close all emergency rooms as of yesterday and progressively close all hospitals once placement is found for all the patients. If I remember correctly, a lot of this was financially motivated with employee checks bouncing and the such due to a loss of Medicare/medical funding!

Sorry for the errors-I'm on my phone & it's still early!

I was aware of la metro, and Anaheim general, but Bellflower is the only hospital I transport to/from on a regular basis. I heard rumors why, but I wanted to see if anyone knew the facts.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Isn't Bellflower ED like an entire 3 beds anyways? Anaheim General is a whole 6. Good riddance to both.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Isn't Bellflower ED like an entire 3 beds anyways? Anaheim General is a whole 6. Good riddance to both.

When I worked that area, our whole station agreed that if anything happened to us, even in the parking lot of AGH, we were to be transported anywhere but there.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
An example of why many County hospitals were privatized...not.

MyongSotpald

Forum Ride Along
hi, I went here as I had a bad case of food poisoning. Upon going into the emergency room, the room seemed extremely dirty. They had several people in a small room. I felt so bad there.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: