Beer as a resuscitation fluid

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Now Vene, you seem like a clever sort of fellow so I'm sure you mean that in the sense that you have to be singularly masculine to tolerate something so foul.

If you soaked iron filings and dirt in the urine of a dying horse and topped it off with some stale wale semen whisked into a fine foam, you would have to throw it in the bin because you would still have failed in creating something as utterly undrinkable as guiness.

If, on the other hand, you want to drink a beer, anything from Tasmania will see you pleasantly surprised at how wrong you were to drink guiness.

Then you will have to bring some over for such a test.

Better still, fly me down there so I can get it from the keg.

But I still like Guiness. It is especially tasty with steak and baked potatoe. Speaking of which, do they cook beef down there to show leather like the British do, or is it still "mooing" like it should be.

certguy

Forum Captain
What a shock!Someone practicin redneck EMS down under.I'm surprised he didn't irrigate with it too!

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Wow, I thought diaz, thiamine +/-multivitamins was the go. Aren't they just ultimately making things worse?

This was in 1972 in an ER where expediency trumped Hippocrates! They actually titrated the doses over a period of time stabilizing him until he mended. I don't think he complained, but, like with most, I never got the chance to follow up and he didn't end up back in the OR.

Bloke: ubiquitous term in Australia for a male.

Well, Bloke, it's good to get to know ya! We should move this to a New Thread entitled "Down Under Translation References", but I'd sure we'd need to do that with our American version of English as well. Feel free to ask questions!

ChorusD

Forum Crew Member
If you soaked iron filings and dirt in the urine of a dying horse and topped it off with some stale wale semen whisked into a fine foam said:
still[/I] have failed in creating something as utterly undrinkable as guiness.

If, on the other hand, you want to drink a beer, anything from Tasmania will see you pleasantly surprised at how wrong you were to drink guiness.

Hmmm...the only beer I remember from down under is XXXX Bitter and XXXX Gold...is that from Tasmania?

The best though is everything I DON'T remeber about Bundy rum....

OP
OP
Melclin

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
Then you will have to bring some over for such a test.

Better still, fly me down there so I can get it from the keg.

But I still like Guiness. It is especially tasty with steak and baked potatoe. Speaking of which, do they cook beef down there to show leather like the British do, or is it still "mooing" like it should be.

Fly yourself! With those big PGY1 bucks you'll be making soon :p If you ever do, I'll guarantee a couple of Boag's Premium draughts on ice.

In fairness, when I had guiness in Ireland, it was alright. I was 17 and I didn't have the heart to admit to the collected working men of the small town I was staying in that I'd have preferred the pina colada my girlfriend was drinking. I developed a taste for it out of necessity.

Its not at all the same over here.

What a shock!Someone practicin redneck EMS down under.I'm surprised he didn't irrigate with it too!

Wrong kind of beer mate. He's not an idiot! You resuscitate with lager, irrigate with stout. Everyone knows that. Did you even go to EMT school?

Well, Bloke, it's good to get to know ya! We should move this to a New Thread entitled "Down Under Translation References", but I'd sure we'd need to do that with our American version of English as well. Feel free to ask questions!

Ninety percent of our television and popular culture is American so I like to flatter myself by thinking I understand a decent proportion of American slang. I'm sure though, that there is much I could learn from wise old :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:s such as yourself.

EDIT: Having been censored, it occurs to me that b*st*rd may be a more offensive term to you than I meant it :blush: So much for my understanding of American slang ;)

Hmmm...the only beer I remember from down under is XXXX Bitter and XXXX Gold...is that from Tasmania?

The best though is everything I DON'T remeber about Bundy rum....

No. They come from other ends of the country which is convenient because it provides a geographical representation of a spectrum of beer quality. All that is mid strength and rubbish comes from queensland up north and the beer get progressively better as you move south towards Tasmania. I have it on good authority (Brown) that the beer in New Zealand, the southernmost state of Australia, is pretty decent too.

Bundy rum's power to make you want to vomit is second only to its power to erase the memory of having drunk it in the first place. I assume that's how they stay in business ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
I have it on good authority (Brown) that the beer in New Zealand, the southernmost state of Australia, is pretty decent too.

Its not bad although Brown restricts himself to Carlsberg or Stella or if drinking actual liquor and not candy water, Blenders Pride Indian Whisky or Jim Bean both served with lemonade.

You know, Brown was in Sydney a couple months ago and could have sworn Brown had simply walked across the street .... even tho Sydney is a dark, horrid, souless place ... not unlike Auckland :D

Melbourne is much nicer, not that Oz will get to see much of it being posted in the country ... do say hello to Maggie Doyle if you see her, nummy :p

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Ninety percent of our television and popular culture is American so I like to flatter myself by thinking I understand a decent proportion of American slang. I'm sure though, that there is much I could learn from wise old :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:s such as yourself.

EDIT: Having been censored, it occurs to me that b*st*rd may be a more offensive term to you than I meant it :blush: So much for my understanding of American slang ;)

I wouldn't know. Let me ask my Father...wait a minute, I don't know who he is!

And I, for one, apologize for having anything to do with laying US culture on top of your own and pray that you don't fall under it. You deserve better; Please, don't lose your own just 'cause we sell :censored::censored::censored::censored: better.!