Been "swarmed" yet?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Or maybe it just gives them a reason to kill you faster. And if they had any reason not to kill you before, those are now gone.
And how are you to tell one way or the other what their intentions are?

If they are approaching you in an aggressive manner, you react accordingly.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
And so we are back on the gun thing again.

Partly my fault.
GO to the "Should EMS Be Armed?" thread, why not?<_<

medic417

The Truth Provider
Partly my fault.
GO to the "Should EMS Be Armed?" thread, why not?<_<

Actually it ties in nicely here as to various ways to deal with a swarm.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Actually it ties in nicely here as to various ways to deal with a swarm.

7f6a5e3c25c6f864

MrRevesz

Forum Crew Member
If you live in a more city-like area with clubs that are open late into the evening, those can get out of hand fast, especially if it's a fight

NJN

The Young One
This is true going into gang or ethnic related club fights, the police do pretty well with keeping onlookers away from us and the Pt but when we're moving to the rig i've seen other fights break out again.

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
This is true going into gang or ethnic related club fights, the police do pretty well with keeping onlookers away from us and the Pt but when we're moving to the rig i've seen other fights break out again.

While PD here try to protect us, it's not guaranteed. And I don't mean that in the 1 in 1,000 chance way. There have been multiple scenes we enter at PD's request only to realize something changed from the time they motioned us in to the time we walked up. We've had PD wrestling on floor with suspects, we've had an EMT holding c-spine have suspect return and finish the patient off (firing handgun inches from EMT's head), we've had situations where PD is on-scene, but they're still outnumbered 30 to 200 with people throwing bottles.

Not to try to sound too glorious...but really it's load and go sometimes. Don't count on PD watching your back.