Been Busy, I sprained by ankle

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I really thought summer would be a relaxing time, but lately things just haven't been going my way. I'm taking two summer courses and working, and then a few days ago I feel down the steps and sprained by ankle.

Initially I swore I broke it after hearing it crack, but as I wait for my doctor's appointment on Tuesday, its really gotten better. I have to work on June 5, and hopefully I'm back to full strength by then.

This is one of those jobs where if you hurt yourself you're really out of commission, unless they offer you a desk job. It's a scary thought, and I don't know what those career EMTs and FFs do when they get hurt off the job.

I got some things planned for the site that will hopefully increase our membership base and activity. Until then I'll milk my sprained ankle for all it's worth :)

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Sorry to hear that, Matt. Hope you recover quickly.

Light-duty option in the fire service and EMS are difficult to come by. It's easier with larger departments. LAFD, for example, used to put injured personnel in the Community Education or Inspection groups temporarily, but I think they've even lost most of that due to budget cuts.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by MMiz@May 28 2004, 10:04 PM
... I don't know what those career EMTs and FFs do when they get hurt off the job. ...
They dispatch. LOL

(I can poke fun at dispatchers. I did it for a few years.)

Chimp

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie+Jun 1 2004, 05:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ Jun 1 2004, 05:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MMiz@May 28 2004, 10:04 PM
... I don't know what those career EMTs and FFs do when they get hurt off the job. ...
They dispatch. LOL

Chimp [/b][/quote]
LOL, that's pretty funny. Unfortunately we don't handle our own dispatch, it's done by a professional company about 45 minutes away, and they're highly trained.

It doesnt hurt too much, and I have a shift on Saturday, I think I'll be okay :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie+Jun 1 2004, 05:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ Jun 1 2004, 05:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MMiz@May 28 2004, 10:04 PM
They dispatch. LOL

Chimp [/b][/quote]
Me too