Becoming an EMT-B in Boston

smurfgirl

Forum Probie
Hello,

I posted a couple of months ago, I am moving back to States,( Boston) in 2 months, and I want to start getting my life together, by attending an EMT-B program. I am going to be working full-time Monday - Sat so I am trying to find a program that meets nights, or atleast Sat and Sun.

Is there a way I can find a list of schools that offer the basic EMT tranning?
I will be moving to Belmont,MA so I need something close to that area.

Jay114

Forum Crew Member
I finished my class in august, just took the state practical, and thought my school was great!

Here is the website.

medic258

Forum Crew Member
You can find all of the accredited EMS training agencies in Mass from the OEMS website. Here is the link http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eohhs2terminal&L=5&L0=Home&L1=Provider&L2=Certification%2c+Licensure%2c+and+Registration&L3=Programs&L4=EMT+Training+Institution+Accreditation&sid=Eeohhs2&b=terminalcontent&f=dph_emergency_services_p_emt_training_institutions&csid=Eeohhs2 Sorry could not figure out the fancy, short way to paste this. If you are interested shoot me a PM. I teach at a local community college close to Belmont. We have a night program that meets 2 nights a week.

--Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
No point wasting your money anywhere else, Northeastern University Institute of EMS.
EMT-B courses starting at both Burlington, MA and Boston, MA. I took my EMT-B in Boston and currently attending their paramedic program. You'll be using all new equipment and good instructors.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
After you get it do yourself a favor and contact Becker Training and do the NREMT exam. Even tho MA doesn't use or accept it, if you ever went to go elsewhere you'll need to be NREMT certified.

OP
OP
S

smurfgirl

Forum Probie
ok i'm back in boston..

has anyone heard of lifeline in woburn,ma??

any thoughts about them??

also how much does an emt get paid to start in boston?

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
You might want to worry about actually being certified first LOL It depends really on who you work for and where do some web surfing you'll find out. Im sure someone here knows.

Emt /b/

Forum Crew Member
No point wasting your money anywhere else, Northeastern University Institute of EMS.
EMT-B courses starting at both Burlington, MA and Boston, MA. I took my EMT-B in Boston and currently attending their paramedic program. You'll be using all new equipment and good instructors.

Knowing Northeastern it probably costs $5000.

firecoins

IFT Puppet

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

come now mark(thats your fake pizza name right), for the basic program, nu isnt the end all be all. while a nice program, there are equally well qualified private schools.

as far as which service to work for after getting certed, i prefer not to discuss specific services on an open forum; as my personal opinions of some services is rarely favorable. more than happy to discuss privatley.