Bay AREA MEDICS!

seedlesscannon

Forum Probie
Hey all been trying to transfer as a paramedic through AMR for the past year and a half. had an interview with Contra Costa and got denied :sad: i know that San Jose and Alameda have been taken over and i have apps in with them both.

I was thinking that applying with a BLS company and learning the area might be a good idea but i have no clue and the pay is kinda scaring me.

Im desperate and need some help fellas . whats the trick and is there hope for me ? any help/ opinions is greatly appreciated

OP
OP
S

seedlesscannon

Forum Probie
looking at any where. east bay, peninsula. im even okay with sacramento or stockton. i want as west as possible but my girl and i have been forced apart for a year and a half and its getting hard.

OP
OP
S

seedlesscannon

Forum Probie
i cant complain to be honest. i have been working for the operation for about 6 years and im happy to have a job in a tough economy. and also having to=he privilege to be a medic and get paid for it is enough.

currently we r having some problems negotiating our new CBA but other than that we have competitive benefits and the pay is 11.37 for a 24 and 14.85 for a 12.

emtpche

Forum Crew Member
Well there are a few options for you.

SF there is King-American, starting wage around $18.50, as well as AMR.

South Bay there are WestMed and Silicon Valley, mainly performing CCT-P IFT's

North Bay you have Medic Ambulance out of Vallejo, starting wage $22. They have the 911 contract for Solano County. There is Verihealth out of Santa Rosa. They have ALS contract for Occidental the rest is IFT's

Sacramento you have First Responder, mainly IFT's they have 911 contract in Butt County. That would be Chico and surrounding area. AMR has multiple Operations in the area; Sacramento, San Joaquin County and Yolo county more than I can remember. Some others not sure of TLC, Priority1. Not sure what the rest starting wages are.

Be aware limited openings with lots of people looking. Also many FD are looking at letting personnel go as well.

Good hunting.