Bad Shroom Trip Experiences

samiam

Amazing Member
What are your experiences with bad trips. LSD, Shrooms, PCP. I saw a guy on pcp take down three huge male nurses once. [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4PfW41bX-4&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLE93C9046B0A37C06[/YOUTUBE]

Saw this video on Tosh.O KAPOOSH!!

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I've had several of those calls. The main thing I learned is to get PD involved quickly if possible, try to make sure your patient doesn't have a weapon handy, keep your back to the door, and watch out for those sudden mood swings.

If the patient doesn't get violent, those calls can be very entertaining. I always love being told I don't exist.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Most of the patients like this guy here are going to get chemically and mechanically restrained to protect themselves and the crew.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
I heard haldol being mentioned at one time in the video. Why wasn't it pushed? This instance seems like the perfect indication.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Most of the patients like this guy here are going to get chemically and mechanically restrained to protect themselves and the crew.

I'd hope so. Not always possible immediately when you've only got two EMT-Bs on scene, though.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
And what about the patient?

Too juicy...I blogged it, HERE!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Don't know about now...

...but in the Sixties, USC's pharm program, working with the L.A. Free Press, proved that the majority of "magic mushrooms" were dried wild or store mushrooms laced with other drugs, notably defective LSD, or PCP, non-LSD hallucinogens, etc. Sometimes the mushrooms were toxic in and of themselves.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Too juicy...I blogged it, HERE!

True he wasn't outwardly violent however I don't want him getting loose in the back of the ambulance on the freeway. Also, with his unstable state of mind who's to say that he could possibly become violent? He is a very unstable state of mind. Maybe I'm too gung-ho with it but according to our protocol sedation is indicated for cardioversion, cardiac pacing, agitation (which this patient was agitated in my eyes) and severe anxiety (I'm sure one could argue that he was severely anxious as well, secondary to the drugs he presumably ingested.

I'll stand by what I said.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
This was not meant as a challenge. All I ask is who works with the patient FIRST?

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question. They don't automatically get sedated just for being on drugs but I believe this patient warrants it. I'm also little and could guarantee that this guy would kick my *** if he got loose and wanted to fight.