Bad Partner

gospeedracer

Forum Ride Along
Just got a new partner, sucks. Gets mad cause were having to run calls. You can feel the tension in the air. Really can't understand how YOU have this job and not expect to run calls? Sorry I am ranting on.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just got a new partner, sucks. Gets mad cause were having to run calls. You can feel the tension in the air. Really can't understand how YOU have this job and not expect to run calls? Sorry I am ranting on.

My normal partner is just like that. As soon as we get a call he throws a hissy fit and starts throwing stuff around the unit and starts cussing. Then he will go over the radio to dispatch with an attitude. Thus making dispatch make our day very very long.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Our acting officer today is the same way. I'm about ready to choke him.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I only have a couple more months (1-2) before shift bids so I'm gonna be getting a new partner. Hopefully an ALS unit.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I am gonna talk with supervisor and see if they will do the same for me?

For something like that I doubt that will be a good enough reason to get a new partner.

OP
OP
G

gospeedracer

Forum Ride Along
probably not but at least it will be documented that there is a problem, and in case patient care changes.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I'm the same way today...but only because the Oregon vs. Washington State game is on :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

gospeedracer

Forum Ride Along
that is ok to be grumpy with a football game. I am talking about all the time. Patient care 110% reguardless of what is going on.

Resqlife

Forum Ride Along
I used to have a partner that was the same way and I had to work with him 8 hrs a day 5 days a week. It really sucks and I was the longest couple of months of my life until the new shift bid came out.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
For something like that I doubt that will be a good enough reason to get a new partner.

Hmm, I don't know, it may be enough to get him talked to but maybe not moved to a new shift. If he's banging stuff, and throwing stuff around, It looks unprofessional to people walking by, and can end up damaging equipment.. so maybe.

OP, I'd tell the sup I am having some issues with my partner and would like to be moved to another shift asap. They understand there's going to be personality conflicts, and will try and help you out. If you're happier with your partner, you will be happier with your patients. As well, if he's doing this with you, he's probably done this with other partners who have probably reported it. If I owned or managed a company. I wouldn't want him on a unit.